Register to Comment
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Quote Originally Posted by John Biffo View Post
    Bullscrap pal, there will be numerous 'incidents' of this kind throughout the Summer.

Of no major consequence
    Happened to me on an aer lingus flight about 10 years ago. We were kept on the plane for over an hour.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
    Are we supposed to be grateful that a rich resident of this country pays his taxes?
    Yes, when we consider others who choose tax havens and then try to control our media

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2

An idiot Ryanair passenger, if he had a destination to when I want to go to. At the moment, I am an idiot Aer Lingus passenger because they fly to where I need to go. I do enjoy the reclined seat on my forehead and that enormous gap between the seats. I also enjoy all the excess baggage in the overhead bins.
    Oh, I'm also a realist.
    I fly with both RA and EI regularly. The baggage allowances are pretty much the same and they try to sell me all the same stuff... The leg room
    isn't much different either from what I can remember.

I'll grant you the reclining seat bit but I hate people who recline on flights less than 2/3 hours.. So RA suits me there too

Quote Originally Posted by paulp View Post
    Yes, everyone complains about them, but still flies with them
    That's because if you're flying out of Ireland they will ALWAYS (almost) undercut the opposition by at least£10.,
    I assume they have some sort is scanning system , which ensures that no airline is of offering a lower fare, but that all Ryanair has to do is marginally undercut the opposition every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurdiev

That's because if you're flying out of Ireland they will ALWAYS (almost) undercut the opposition by at least£10.,
    I assume they have some sort is scanning system , which ensures that no airline is of offering a lower fare, but that all Ryanair has to do is marginally undercut the opposition every time.
    How ghastly... Competing on price!

Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    How ghastly... Competing on price!
    terrible , lets return to the wonderful service aer lingus and the cretins that work for it offered us in 70s and 80s before competition

Having looked at this thread for quite a while without putting my two cents in, it seems the Captain of this plane was in the wrong. I know he was following orders, but looking at the people in the video I know how uncomfortable they felt in this heat. When does company policy to save money, become more important than the comfort of passengers?? This is ultimately the Captains fault that this happened.

Having been in a similar situation in the US where we stood on the tarmac for an hour, in high temperatures it is extremely uncomfortable. The temperature inside the plane in sunny weather could easily have been 40plus degrees C. I know many people here will claim it was Ryanair policy, but the Capatin of the plane was the cause ultimately. It is a serious issue. Dehydration can easily set in especially in the young and the old.

Personally I do not use Ryanair simply because they do not suit my travel needs. I have used them once in the past 4 years, it was a typical low cost flight, the bloody music was the most annoying thing. To criticise them based on their charges is simply rediculous. Follow the rules and you will be fine. That is the same with all carriers at the moment. What I do find with ALL carriers is the lack of transparency on certain issues, recently having to pay 200euro for an excess luggage even though I have purchased an extra bag (aerlingus.com) without extra weight.. (not sure how that works with them).. but now I am more clued in to what airlines charge what... Norwegian give you extra weight with an extra bag charge... and free wifi on board (its crap though)...

People can complain all they want about Ryanair, the simple answer is, if you do not like them do not use them.

I'd really agree with the people who posted about Ryanair being more expensive than Aer Lingus or a comparable airline. If you take one of their ridiculous countryside airports like 'Düsseldorf' Weeze for example, most flights leave at about 7am, meaning if you don't have a car, you have to pay about €25 for a bus that departs the city centre at 3 or 4am. You arrive at the airport wrecked and get treated like crap. Add that €25 to your €50 flight and compare it with Aer Lingus who fly from Düsseldorf main airport for a similar or lower price, about 7 minutes out of the central station on a regional train. I try to get away from Ryanair if at all possible. But echoing other people, they have brought the prices down across the board, and I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Which airline gets the most complaints every year?
    British Airways.

Do British Airways have as many Maydays ?

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 28 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment