Register to Comment
Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 925
Like Tree507Likes
  1. #321
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    Those on thos thread who eould support the continued use of the prefix Royal instead of the use of Irish must be a little short of brains as well as partiotism.

    This idiocy needs to be stopped.

    The craven west British that haunt this site must not sway opinion of putting things right.

    Why is it idiotic?

    You keep ranting on and on but you never explain why.

    What harm does the use of the name Royal do?

    PS
    On another point, if you are so into "partiotism" (sic), why do you not stop using the ENGLISH language?

    Are you an idiot? Why don't you insist on the exclusive use of the Irish gaelic language? Isn't your nation being held back by this use of English? In fact, are you an unpatriotic West Brit because you use English? Shouldn't you be putting things right?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #322
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    The roads of Europe were filled with horses and carts for centuries with a tradition of shovelling ************************ up after them.

    We are all driving around in cars now.

    Outdated traditions like the use of the Word Royal in modern Ireland 2012 can go by the wayside just as easily.


    What if the majority of Irish people think it's OK, and that there's nothing wrong with it? Will you accept it?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #323
    Eire1976 Eire1976 is offline
    Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    If you call me West British you'd be inaccurate. I'm a unionist from Northern Ireland.

    Isn't West British reserved for people in the ROI who dare to get along with the UK?

    PS
    As others have pointed out I take it you will stop accepting British money for this independent service of yours, since you're so patriotic and all. You can call your independent, paid for by the people of the ROI, "Sally" for all I care.
    In all truth only people whose loyalty is to Ireland can really comment on matter like this as it is an insult to them to have a foreign monarchy being used in place of their nationhood.

    What weight would the opinion of a unionist carry on an issue like this when they don't know what country they belong in. One day Irish, the next British.

    You are correct, the term West British is for British shils in the Republic and doesn't usually apply to the British shils in the NE of Ulster.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #324
    Eire1976 Eire1976 is offline
    Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    What if the majority of Irish people think it's OK, and that there's nothing wrong with it? Will you accept it?
    Firstly the Irish people need to be educated on their history and how they have a nationhood at all and then I'm sure it would be a moot point as the name would just be changed.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #325
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    In all truth only people whose loyalty is to Ireland can really comment on matter like this as it is an insult to them to have a foreign monarchy being used in place of their nationhood.

    What weight would the opinion of a unionist carry on an issue like this when they don't know what country they belong in. One day Irish, the next British.

    You are correct, the term West British is for British shils in the Republic and doesn't usually apply to the British shils in the NE of Ulster.

    Many such people - those who are loyal to Ireland - have commented and have said that they have no problem with the current situation.

    They don't see any insult.

    PS
    Are you drunk? Why are you stuttering?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #326
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    Firstly the Irish people need to be educated on their history and how they have a nationhood at all and then I'm sure it would be a moot point as the name would just be changed.


    What if they are educated and are still OK with it?

    PS
    Why do you use the ENGLISH language? Are you a West Brit traitor?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #327
    Eire1976 Eire1976 is offline
    Eire1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,356

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    What if they are educated and are still OK with it?

    PS
    Why do you use the ENGLISH language? Are you a West Brit traitor?
    I use the English language because your Country Britain invaded mine and brutalised the population. Stole their lands and robbed them of their society,language and lives.

    Then when enough people got together to throw the British out, British fascists in the NE of Ulster threathened civil war unless they were allowed to continue to usrurp the Irish peoples national right to liberty.

    That's why
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #328
    Beachcomber Beachcomber is offline
    Beachcomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,303

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    I use the English language because your Country Britain invaded mine and brutalised the population. Stole their lands and robbed them of their society,language and lives.

    Then when enough people got together to throw the British out, British fascists in the NE of Ulster threathened civil war unless they were allowed to continue to usrurp the Irish peoples national right to liberty.

    That's why


    Bollocks.

    You're free to use the Irish langauge but like most Irish you're too lazy to do so.

    Does the 1976 mean that you were born in 1976?

    If so the British didn't invade and brutalise since then. So what are you talking about? The British haven't been in your country since 1922. That's when your lot left the UK.

    You're just throwing up excuses for being lazy.

    Why don't you use those same reasons to explain why the name RNLI is stiil used? Why do you want that name changed but not the language you use?

    Is this all about some token measure to make you feel better about your laziness? You'll whine about getting a name changed but you won't bother demanding the use of the Irish gaelic language? Or using it yourself.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #329
    louis bernard louis bernard is offline
    louis bernard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,372

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcomber View Post
    Many such people - those who are loyal to Ireland - have commented and have said that they have no problem with the current situation.

    They don't see any insult.

    PS
    Are you drunk? Why are you stuttering?
    I wouldn’t take this gobs*ite too seriously if I were you.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #330
    Suttree Suttree is offline
    Suttree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,679

    Quote Originally Posted by Eire1976 View Post
    I'll call people like you West British if I like and there's nothing that you can say to stop me.
    If 1976 refers to your date of birth, it's incredibly sad; 36 years old and you come out with a statement like the above, something I'd expect from a 10 year old.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment