View Poll Results: Do you think Ryanair should takeover Aer Lingus?

Voters
189. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes

    70 37.04%
  • No

    119 62.96%
Register to Comment
Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 438
Like Tree169Likes
  1. #11
    Sync Sync is offline
    Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    35,439

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Its hard to see any business merit in this - more like MoL's ego at work.
    They'd have the extra Gatwick slots, some of which they could offload. Immediate action would be to bump the cost of Gatwick flights. They'd have access to Heathrow and they'd finally have the slots and aircraft to the States. Long term it makes quite a lot of sense. Whether the courts will allow it is a different matter.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    Aindriu Aindriu is offline
    Aindriu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    17,274

    O'Leary can feck off! I don't use Ryanair because I want to be treated with respect as a customer. That is something Ryanair are incapable of!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    seanmacc seanmacc is offline
    seanmacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,756

    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    European Commission blocked this on competition grounds before and the decision was upheld in Court

    nothing much has changed so they will certainly block it again

    PR stunt by ryanair
    An awful lot of market consolidation has happened all over Europe since then, there may be precedence to allow it. They may actually get away with getting this deal through. Go help us all
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    White Horse White Horse is offline
    White Horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,918

    Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    O'Leary can feck off! I don't use Ryanair because I want to be treated with respect as a customer. That is something Ryanair are incapable of!
    Not a strong point of Are Lingus either.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Sailor Sailor is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    34,827

    Quote Originally Posted by seabhcan View Post
    Its hard to see any business merit in this - more like MoL's ego at work.
    It is a widely held view within Ryanair that O'Leary has an irrational obsession with Aer Lingus. But it would also allow him a degree of expansion which he can't otherwise achieve at the present because of expensive aircraft and a pilot shortage, but as you say, still makes little sense.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Sister Mercedes Sister Mercedes is offline
    Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    10,565

    Does he just want the Heathrow landing slots?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    jacko jacko is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,406

    Quote Originally Posted by seanmacc View Post
    An awful lot of market consolidation has happened all over Europe since then, there may be precedence to allow it. They may actually get away with getting this deal through. Go help us all
    agreed but the commission were very stong on the fact that Ireland has no land connections to mainland europe - airline consolidation has been matched in Europe by competition from high speed rail lines eg: Paris Brussels 1hr 15mins by rail
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    seanmacc seanmacc is offline
    seanmacc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,756

    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Not a strong point of Are Lingus either.
    True.

    At least Ryanair have a premium rate phone number you can ring. AerLingus customer services can only be reached by registered letter
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    topcat4 topcat4 is offline
    topcat4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,471

    Well, Aer Lingus are fuc#ed anyway, so O Leary might do something constructive with it.

    Cheap long haul flights anyone??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Ribeye Ribeye is offline
    Ribeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27,584

    Quote Originally Posted by Aindriu View Post
    O'Leary can feck off! I don't use Ryanair because I want to be treated with respect as a customer. That is something Ryanair are incapable of!
    And he doesn't want you to fly on Ryanair, I don't see the problem????
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment