Register to Comment
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72
Like Tree7Likes
  1. #61
    daveL daveL is offline
    daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,854

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    Of course FF have no shame. Soon they will blame present gov for the crisis they created. I suppose Martin is not reading his briefs !
    and a lot of Irish will go with them on that sadly
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #62
    daveL daveL is offline
    daveL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13,854

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    Er, that release is four years old, Tonic. Back then, the country could have afforded to build something like the Navan rail link. Today, it can't.
    being accurate

    this country never could afford these programs

    but we spent the money anyway
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #63
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,545

    Quote Originally Posted by daveL View Post
    being accurate

    this country never could afford these programs

    but we spent the money anyway
    that's not exactly true, were in a great position to improve our transport infrastructure between 2002-2007
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #64
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25,838

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post


    this is the rail line that Meath should be pushing for
    The DART Underground is actually a project of national island-wide importance.

    Basically it puts Belfast, Dundalk, Dublin, Naas-Sallins, Portlaoise and Cork on the one train line.

    Linking spur lines for Derry, Navan, Rosslare/Wexford, Waterford/BelleviewPort, Killarney, Limerick-Tralee, Galway, Ballina and Sligo - plus the entire centre of the country.

    And it will save a fortune of money for people living/working in the five eastern counties, and reduce the national fuel import bill massively.

    I reckon the DART-U or DART Link is a very good idea. The only problem is getting the money in.

    Any taxes, or charges introduced to finance it will invariably end up with the Anglo Bondholders.

    By St. Patrick's Day, we will have given an amount equal to the cost of the DART U to the Seanie Bondholders.

    An absolute shame.

    The fact that there is no DART Undergorund is one of the reason why there is such high ownership in much of Leinster.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #65
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,545

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    The DART Underground is actually a project of national island-wide importance.

    Basically it puts Belfast, Dundalk, Dublin, Naas-Sallins, Portlaoise and Cork on the one train line.

    Linking spur lines for Derry, Navan, Rosslare/Wexford, Waterford/BelleviewPort, Killarney, Limerick-Tralee, Galway, Ballina and Sligo - plus the entire centre of the country.

    And it will save a fortune of money for people living/working in the five eastern counties, and reduce the national fuel import bill massively.

    I reckon the DART-U or DART Link is a very good idea. The only problem is getting the money in.

    Any taxes, or charges introduced to finance it will invariably end up with the Anglo Bondholders.

    By St. Patrick's Day, we will have given an amount equal to the cost of the DART U to the Seanie Bondholders.

    An absolute shame.
    It's very frustrating indeed, DARTu would allow IÉ to turn a profit for the exchequer for a change.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #66
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,894

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    that's not exactly true, were in a great position to improve our transport infrastructure between 2002-2007
    And did.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #67
    Roll_On Roll_On is offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,545

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    And did.
    true, but a lot of opportunities missed and lots of waste(e.g. western rail corridor but no DARTu) Tralee bypass but no luas BXD etc.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #68
    tonic tonic is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    25,894

    Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    true, but a lot of opportunities missed
    Always.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #69
    sowhat sowhat is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    776

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    The DART Underground is actually a project of national island-wide importance.

    Basically it puts Belfast, Dundalk, Dublin, Naas-Sallins, Portlaoise and Cork on the one train line.

    Linking spur lines for Derry, Navan, Rosslare/Wexford, Waterford/BelleviewPort, Killarney, Limerick-Tralee, Galway, Ballina and Sligo - plus the entire centre of the country.

    And it will save a fortune of money for people living/working in the five eastern counties, and reduce the national fuel import bill massively.

    I reckon the DART-U or DART Link is a very good idea. The only problem is getting the money in.

    Any taxes, or charges introduced to finance it will invariably end up with the Anglo Bondholders.

    By St. Patrick's Day, we will have given an amount equal to the cost of the DART U to the Seanie Bondholders.

    An absolute shame.

    The fact that there is no DART Undergorund is one of the reason why there is such high ownership in much of Leinster.
    Apparently Belfast to Cork/Limerick/Tralee/Waterford trains will NOT be able to use the Dart Underground tunnel as diesel intercity trains will not be allowed use the tunnel.
    Unfortunately, I think we'll be waiting a long time for our national rail lines to be electrified
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #70
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    25,838

    Quote Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
    Apparently Belfast to Cork/Limerick/Tralee/Waterford trains will NOT be able to use the Dart Underground tunnel as diesel intercity trains will not be allowed use the tunnel.
    Unfortunately, I think we'll be waiting a long time for our national rail lines to be electrified
    well that is a pity. As usual, joined up thinking is something that CIE figures it can do better without.

    There is an track from Connolly to Hueston, via a tunnel under the Liffey. However, they use it once a week, for freight.

    That just about sums up the ability of CIE to grasp an opportunity to improve their business. An all-island train system would take cars and lorries off the road, and save up us a lot from our fuel import bill. But CIE seem just not that pushed about it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment