Register to Comment
Page 534 of 547 FirstFirst ... 34 434 484 524532533534535536 544 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 5466
Like Tree2316Likes

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post

I've been campaigning on road safety for 20 odd years. I'm not going to stop now just because a couple of posters on p.ie deliberately misrepresent (or genuinely misunderstand) what I am saying.
    So have I and I have been dealing with the consequences of RTCs for longer. I have seen huge improvements , during that time , mostly due to better roads and enforcement.

Hopefully better engineering and enforcement will save more lives
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by nakatomi View Post
    So have I and I have been dealing with the consequences of RTCs for longer. I have seen huge improvements , during that time , mostly due to better roads and enforcement.

There are much bigger issues to deal with too, such as joined up thinking.

Road Safety Authority criticised over not following its own Rules of the Road on cycle lanes – IrishCycle.com

I can think of two issues I campaigned on locally in relation to road safety where officials told me that whilst I was technically correct, they were going to do something utterly stupid and counter productive and that my concerns would be dealt with through Garda discretion.

Are you kiddies even listening to SPN? FFS lads, don't have him wasting his valuable time here....pleeeease.

Along with fewer cars and better separation of transport means that just don't mix comfortably.

There are much bigger issues to deal with too, such as joined up thinking.

Road Safety Authority criticised over not following its own Rules of the Road on cycle lanes – IrishCycle.com

I can think of two issues I campaigned on locally in relation to road safety where officials told me that whilst I was technically correct, they were going to do something utterly stupid and counter productive and that my concerns would be dealt with through Garda discretion.
    An interesting link.

No but they get the number of the vehicle, I reported a driver to the owners previously for a dangerous pass, owner was very apologetic, and other action had been taken.

If you want I will PM the name and number of the haulage firm and you can give them a call.

Plus it is a rear light , so it makes you very visible

https://www.amazon.com/Fly6-Camera-R.../dp/B00QX38E1A
    see youre still not gettin it mate cause youre hung up on whos right and whos wrong not whos dead and whos alive.... id sooner be alive than have the cops sayin isnt that great he recorded the number of the lad that killed him!!!!

There is a pattern with Toland and some of his colleagues. They are convinced that it is always the driver who is at fault.

Toland can't see that the van was already moving when the cyclist came at him diagonally, and in the blind spot. Toland reckons the driver accelerated deliberately, even though the motion of the van can clearly be seen to be consistent.

Reality doesn't enter the equation.

In the other video, the one with the black Mercedes Vito, some people seem to think that the driver deliberately tried to squeeze the cyclist, even though the Vito never moved off the line it had from the beginning, a line that was dictated by the presence of the traffic island. That driver wouldn't have seen the cyclist approaching either. His focus would have been on the road ahead.
    1 thing i notice on this thread is that its not the drivers thats disrespectin other posters and lashin out the abuse....

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    why did the cyclist not stop behind that ambulance when he saw the car beside him cimmin up to it???? and dont say he had the right of road cause thats ************************ all use if youre killed.... another 1 the cyclist tried to undertake a car that was indicatin left....

Quote Originally Posted by Dedogs View Post
    why did the cyclist not stop behind that ambulance when he saw the car beside him cimmin up to it???? and .
    Why did the car try to overtake when clearly it was not safe to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedogs View Post
    1 thing i notice on this thread is that its not the drivers thats disrespectin other posters and lashin out the abuse....
    Possibly because cyclists know it's their legs at stake.

As a cyclist, what leaves me gobsmacked is seeing that last video's maker doing the same stupid thing three times on the same junction.

If you don't have the stamina to stop and start your bike regularly, you shouldn't be cycling on the road.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment