Register to Comment
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

New planning regs for Tipp

"Tipperary County Council proposes to change planning regulations for housing clusters"

"Tipperary County Council is to relax its planning regulations to allow developers build housing clusters in villages even where there is no mains sewerage.

"Under the proposed guidelines, it will also not be a condition that the person building a house in a village or rural area must originally be from that area.

Tipperary County Council proposes to change planning regulations for housing clusters - Tipperary Star

No sewers required. Septic tanks will be fine. Ignore the water problems. Ignore the road problems. A good few years back Emly built a new sub-division and Limerick families were moved in there. Nothing but problems ever since because they had no ties to the area. Little recycling available. No garbage incineration. Garbage is already being dumped onto the hedgerows.

Tipp must need tax money. This is county wide planning now.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

It's a good move.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary View Post
    It's a good move.
    I think it is awful as the civic structures are not there to support that much new construction. Why do you like it?

Twitter
    @

Because there's a housing crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Danger View Post
    Because there's a housing crisis?
    I know there is a housing crisis in Dublin and other large cities, but where in Tipp is there a housing crisis? There might be once Clonmel and Carrick start to flood in the future, but they don't seem too concerned about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crotta Cliach View Post
    I think it is awful as the civic structures are not there to support that much new construction. Why do you like it?
    I don't think it's right to restrict people's choice of where they want to live or who can live in the area (only locals can build). If someone wants to live away from schools or public transport - it's his choice.
    At the other hand I understand remote living implies costs on taxpayer, eg post still needs to be delivered (emails will sort this in the future), ambulances or gards would need to travel.

But as a general rule - less regulation the better for everyone.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crotta Cliach View Post
    I know there is a housing crisis in Dublin and other large cities, but where in Tipp is there a housing crisis? There might be once Clonmel and Carrick start to flood in the future, but they don't seem too concerned about that.
    People and goods are mobile. The Planting of Tipperary will begin in June of 2018.

Build a load of houses where there are no jobs ? GHOST estates, ghettoes, problem neighbourhoods of the future. FILL it up with dole heads, foreigners , and fundamentalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit Of Newgrange View Post
    Build a load of houses where there are no jobs ? GHOST estates, ghettoes, problem neighbourhoods of the future.
    Nobody's going to build where's no jobs, builders and developers are much more strategic these days. With no flood of credit people will not be able to buy in places where there's no jobs. I'd say this is more about self builds than estates. Big estate in the middle of nowhere would still require a planning permission and can be handled at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary View Post
    I don't think it's right to restrict people's choice of where they want to live or who can live in the area (only locals can build). If someone wants to live away from schools or public transport - it's his choice.
    At the other hand I understand remote living implies costs on taxpayer, eg post still needs to be delivered (emails will sort this in the future), ambulances or gards would need to travel.

But as a general rule - less regulation the better for everyone.
    You are picking up a bit on some of the problems with rural living. We have one (1) Guarda car on duty from Bansha to the Limerick border and covering all of West Tipp including the Glen. You may or may not ever see a response within 2 hours if the car is on the other side of its patrol area or on a call. The ambulance service is kind of the same and I'm surprised more people have not died waiting for help. This is NOT the fault of the ambulance service or the Guards. Stray sheep and cattle on the roads slowing you down. Tractors and hay trucks, silage trucks, all types of farm equipment going slowly down the road using both lanes. Hospitals at great distances. Few school buses. No or very few transportation buses. Too old to drive? - they have cancelled most handicapped vans and Meals On Wheels. Giant potholes. Mucky tertiary roads. Few amenities. And more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment