Register to Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #1
    between the bridges between the bridges is offline
    between the bridges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    43,152

    Brownie Was In The IRA, Quelle Surprise

    In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

    “Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

    Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

    In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

    Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...ersy-1-8457033

    Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Aindriu Aindriu is offline
    Aindriu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,034

    That's old news really. He wrote about being Brownie in his own books.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    PAGE61 PAGE61 is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    145

    Hugh Feeney and Brendon Hughes also contributed to the brownie articles
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Supra Supra is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,096

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

    “Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

    Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

    In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

    Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...ersy-1-8457033

    Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    JimmyFoley JimmyFoley is online now

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    5,935

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

    “Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

    Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

    In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

    Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...ersy-1-8457033

    Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    Gerry was sick that day, so someone else wrote that particular piece.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Supra Supra is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,096

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    Gerry was sick that day, so someone else wrote that particular piece.
    In the interest of Continuity......
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    mr_anderson mr_anderson is offline
    mr_anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,485

    Quote Originally Posted by PAGE61 View Post
    Hugh Feeney and Brendon Hughes also contributed to the brownie articles

    But that was only during the dirty protests
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    Catalpast Catalpast is offline
    Catalpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    22,243

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

    “Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

    Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

    In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

    Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...ersy-1-8457033

    Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    Naw - cus Gerry was never in the IRA!

    Hey - maybe there were two Brownies?

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Cruimh Cruimh is offline
    Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    99,028

    Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post

    Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    QC Eilis McDermott would be licking her lips at the prospect of meeting Gerry again in court

    Mind you, Gerry claims his memory is bad, so it would be a struggle ...

    The Liam Adams Trial: Why Gerry Adams Did Not Testify At Second Hearing


    Although the media then gathered at the courthouse in the expectation that Gerry Adams would make a second appearance as a prosecution witness they were to be disappointed. He failed to appear and although the jury in the second trial did, after they retired to consider the verdict, ask the judge why Gerry Adams had not testified this time, her answer to them was not made public.


    That answer can now be revealed.


    Gerry Adams had been caught out in so many contradictions and factual errors during a bruising cross-examination by Eilis McDermott QC, that when the retrial was ordered, the defence legal team served notice on the Crown that they planned to make ‘a bad character application’ in relation to the Sinn Fein president.
    Last edited by Cruimh; 13th April 2018 at 05:57 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Telstar 62 Telstar 62 is online now

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    21,222



    Which one is 'Brownie'??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment