Register to Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Brownie Was In The IRA, Quelle Surprise

In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

“Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

Read more at: https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/op...ersy-1-8457033

Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

That's old news really. He wrote about being Brownie in his own books.

Hugh Feeney and Brendon Hughes also contributed to the brownie articles

Quote Originally Posted by between the bridges View Post
    In the mid 70's a IRA prisoner used the pen name 'Brownie' to publish articles in the Republican News...

“Brownie” wrote: “Rightly or wrongly, I’m an IRA volunteer and rightly or wrongly, I take a course of action as a means of bringing about a situation in which I believe the people of my country will prosper”.

Fast forward to 2018 entering stage left Danny Morrison, who was the Sinn Fein publicity director who coined the phrase of the ballot box and the armalite together...

In The Irish Times Danny Morrison wrote in a gushing tribute to Gerry Adams. He wrote: “I have known Gerry Adams 46 years. In 1975, as editor of Republican News, I asked him would he write a weekly column from Long Kesh, which he did under the pen man Brownie.”

Moi is sure many others share my shock at this heinous slur and await Djarrygando suing Danny boy for slanderous libel...

Gerry was sick that day, so someone else wrote that particular piece.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post
    Gerry was sick that day, so someone else wrote that particular piece.
    In the interest of Continuity......

Quote Originally Posted by PAGE61 View Post
    Hugh Feeney and Brendon Hughes also contributed to the brownie articles

But that was only during the dirty protests

Naw - cus Gerry was never in the IRA!

Hey - maybe there were two Brownies?

QC Eilis McDermott would be licking her lips at the prospect of meeting Gerry again in court

Mind you, Gerry claims his memory is bad, so it would be a struggle ...

The Liam Adams Trial: Why Gerry Adams Did Not Testify At Second Hearing

Although the media then gathered at the courthouse in the expectation that Gerry Adams would make a second appearance as a prosecution witness they were to be disappointed. He failed to appear and although the jury in the second trial did, after they retired to consider the verdict, ask the judge why Gerry Adams had not testified this time, her answer to them was not made public.

That answer can now be revealed.

Gerry Adams had been caught out in so many contradictions and factual errors during a bruising cross-examination by Eilis McDermott QC, that when the retrial was ordered, the defence legal team served notice on the Crown that they planned to make ‘a bad character application’ in relation to the Sinn Fein president.
    Last edited by Cruimh; 13th April 2018 at 05:57 PM.

Which one is 'Brownie'??

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment