Register to Comment
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    Who will they send to the leaders debate?
    Gerry could get a flu that day.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Actually it's FF on a heads I win, tails you lose ploy - Micheal Martin's last throw of the dice before he becomes the only FF leader never to be Taoiseach.

Two possible scenarios if there's an election:

1 - FF do better than FG but FG stay at the races because they all of a sudden FF are the de facto "law and order" party, roles in the Dail switch and MM is Taoiseach with coalition or C&S arrangement

2 - FF do okay but SF deliver on promise and have 30 - 40 seats and are prepared to coalesce with FF for some reasonable baubles...same result, MM is king

Basically 2 out of the 3 possible scenarios work out for MM.

The other scenario being...no election due to a resignation...

Quote Originally Posted by Se0samh View Post
    The other scenario being...no election due to a resignation...
    Absolutely, why are FG not being pragmatic and “retiring” the liability that is Fitzgerald? Funny one to stand on when she’s so clearly wrong or at least highly incompetent— she’s indefensible either way.

Make no mistake i'm no fan of the shinners with their lax pathetic emigration policies (no they won't be getting a vote from me) but Adams stepping aside is going to be massive for them in terms of a positive outlook in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryHorace View Post
    Make no mistake i'm no fan of the shinners with their lax pathetic emigration policies (no they won't be getting a vote from me) but Adams stepping aside is going to be massive for them in terms of a positive outlook in the future.
    They could destroy FF.

And may already have done so in Dublin.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Absolutely, why are FG not being pragmatic and “retiring” the liability that is Fitzgerald? Funny one to stand on when she’s so clearly wrong or at least highly incompetent— she’s indefensible either way.
    Varadkar wants an election - his only change of being Taoiseach in 3 years is to roll the dice now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    Varadkar wants an election - his only change of being Taoiseach in 3 years is to roll the dice now.
    He could be looking at 10-15 on the back benches. FF had a run from ‘97 to ‘11 the last time they were in.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    Varadker lost the popular vote in the FG party......standing by Fitzer could go some way to repairing that and showing he isn't the all out ruthless Tory boy as he has been portrayed in some quarters...

Also i think FF-SF have misjudged the sort of people who are attracted to vote FG.....i don't think they will lose much support from this if there is a GE especially in light of the recent announcements about attracting more tech investment and jobs.....

Personally i think if FF who stand to lose the most as the swing vote they gained in 2016 could go anywhere and older middle aged voters who took the hit post 2008 might not be quite ready to let Mehole get his fingers on the steering wheel just yet........

FFS and to top it off anyone who takes even a casual interest in this stuff will know that some of the people FF have put out to bat last night benefited from having penalty points written off and summons not delivered....!....

Quote Originally Posted by Franzoni View Post
    Varadker lost the popular vote in the FG party......standing by Fitzer could go some way to repairing that and showing he isn't the all out ruthless Tory boy as he has been portrayed in some quarters...

Also i think FF-SF have misjudged the sort of people who are attracted to vote FG.....i don't think they will lose much support from this if there is a GE especially in light of the recent announcements about attracting more tech investment and jobs.....

Personally i think if FF who stand to lose the most as the swing vote they gained in 2016 could go anywhere and older middle aged voters who took the hit post 2008 might not be quite ready to let Mehole get his fingers on the steering wheel just yet........

FFS and to top it off anyone who takes even a casual interest in this stuff will know that some of the people FF have put out to bat last night benefited from having penalty points written off and summons not delivered....!....
    Agreed. I expect at this stage that FG will come out of a December election as the biggest party, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    She absolutely savaged fitzgerald in the dail. Then she went for murphy. I think SF are well up for this.
    Shes an expert at savaging people alright but doesn't take kindly to people responding in kind - see any PAC hearing and any public servant trying to defend themself.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment