Register to Comment
Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1323
Like Tree524Likes

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Its time to move on from Gerry . Well past his time .

I am hopeful that Sinn Fein can produce good new leadership . Ireland badly needs it and hopefully Sinn Fein can produce what is needed .
    More than that, it's time for SF to move on from "Up the 'ra".

They will have to eventually anyway, so why not just bite the, eh, bullet.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Its time to move on from Gerry . Well past his time .

I am hopeful that Sinn Fein can produce good new leadership . Ireland badly needs it and hopefully Sinn Fein can produce what is needed .

Most people, I suspect will judge them on their performance in government if they are elected to fill that role sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post

Time for you pal to move on instead of living in the dark past.

Vinny Browne's two part documentary on Adams will be on TV3 on the 6th and 7th of February.

(Cue shouts of "there must be an election coming up)

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    Most people, I suspect will judge them on their performance in government if they are elected to fill that role sir.
    We've already seen that in action in the north, a thrilling prospect for the 26

Slow news day...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyFoley View Post

Now I know why they call you folly

The Irish Times has published a long preamble (authored by the great Vincenzo himself) of a two-part series called Vincent Browne’s Gerry Adams: War, Peace and Politics which will be broadcast on TV3 at 9pm on Wednesday and Thursday.

Vincent Browne: The scale of hatred for Gerry Adams is unfair

The article is behind a paywall and, as most Scummers can't even afford a bar of soap or stick of deodorant, it's unlikely that they can afford an Irish Time sub, so I'm giving some handpicked extracts below.

Vinnie starts with the predictable boot in the balls for Widowkiller:-

Three thousand, three hundred and thirty six people were killed during the course of the Northern Ireland conflict from 1966 to 1999. Close to half of these were killed by the Provisional IRA. Thousands more were mutilated for life.

As perhaps the most powerful person in the IRA during most of this conflict – certainly from 1978 to 1994 – Gerry Adams must assume a significant part of the responsibility for this carnage.
    he then plays the sympathy card, informing us that Gerry had a rotten childhood

Gerry Adams’s father was a paedophile who abused at least one of Gerry’s siblings and who seems to have been violent and an alcoholic. Gerry Adams’s father was a paedophile who abused at least one of Gerry’s siblings and who seems to have been violent and an alcoholic.

The young Gerry Adams was moved out of the family home to live with his paternal grandparents in the Lower Falls Road, perhaps prompted by the arrival of more brothers and sisters in the Divismore Park house, or perhaps to remove him from harm.
    and adds that poor Gerry wasn't the brightest spark

Gerry Adams had a stutter in his early years and fared poorly academically – he failed the 11 Plus exam at the first time of trying. For somebody who has been so obviously very clever in his adulthood, there’s something strange here. He quit secondary school prematurely to become the family’s main breadwinner, a role he abandoned within four years when he became a full-time republican “activist”.
    he continues by reminding us about Widowkiller's involvement in the abduction and murder of Jean McConville and the La Mon atrocity (carefully adding that Gerry has always denied any involvement) and so on and on and on.

He ends up with the following bit of slobber:

Though he has many disreputable legacies, Gerry Adams deserves credit for bringing about the IRA ceasefire in 1994; for persuading the IRA to call a second ceasefire – this time durable – in 1997; for getting the republican movement to accept the Belfast Agreement of 1998, even though it involved the abandonment of its central aim, British withdrawal; and – perhaps most crucially – by bringing about the decommissioning of IRA arms and the eventual disbandment of the IRA.
    I think I'll watch TV3 on Wed and Thursday to see whether Vinnie's carefully balanced hagiography will reveal anything new or interesting. Although I assume that the TV3 lawyers will have gone through it with a fine comb before it got cleared for broadcast.

It seems as Vinny is about to blow apart the veneer of Adams with this explosive series.

In each case, the pun is fully intended.

It will be the usual hatefest by the vehemently anti-Republican Browne.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment