Register to Comment
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Quote Originally Posted by RodShaft View Post
    It's why SF offerred to negotiate with other left leaning parties and independents before trying to talk to either of the right wing parties.
    The 'other left leaning parties' consider SF as left wing as you consider FF.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    no one would touch them with a bargepoll
    the only people SF would share power with is the IRA

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee View Post
    The left in Ireland detest SF
    law abiding people despise SF

Quote Originally Posted by bmw1 View Post
    Its a form of robbery but then we all know their people wouldn't be involved in anything like that
    TV3 + 1

right now

Quote Originally Posted by LISTOWEL MAN View Post
    law abiding people despise SF
    I'm no fan of SF but that's just prejudice on your part and a sign of your obsession. Plenty of decent law abiding people in SF. You should be able to have political disagreements without getting into that sort of BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    In other words, the Scum Féin Brains Trust accepts that the Party will be in opposition for the rest of my life - even if I live to be 100!

Phew, that's a great relief.
    That is your interpretation, may I remind you all the northern political sages put Sinn Féin`s ceiling at 8% then it was 10% but never would it grow beyond 12.5%, so what happened? Well people who were diametrically opposed to Sinn Féin suddenly weren`t, there was a change in consciousness that even took Sinn Féin by surprise. Unionists were laughing because S.F. didn`t stand enough candidates, an omission not to be repeated.

If anyone had told me thirty odd years ago that an almost non existant party will become the largest nationalist party and Martin McGuinness will be its leader in Stormont I would have belly laughed in their face.

Things can change very quickly just look at Corbyn`s status in the last few months.
    Last edited by comet; 17th July 2017 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post
    That is your interpretation, may I remind you all the northern political sages put Sinn Féin`s ceiling at 8% then it was 10% but never would it grow beyond 12.5%, so what happened? Well people who were diametrically opposed to Sinn Féin suddenly weren`t, there was a change in consciousness that even took Sinn Féin by surprise. Unionists were laughing because S.F. didn`t stand enough candidates, an omission not to be repeated.

If anyone had told me thirty odd years ago that an almost non existant party will become the largest nationalist party and Martin McGuinness will be its leader in Stormont I would have belly laughed in their face.

Things can change very quickly just look at Corbyn`s status in the last few months.
    Well the biggest thing that happened was the PIRA standing down. In the days when SF were on 10% I'd never have believed PIRA would stand down so far short of their demands so lots of surprises I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee View Post
    SF have been known to change their policy on things in the past . Largely these shifts were agreed by hard worldly men in dark rooms and the membership in the main rubber stamped through a vote . What makes you think this issue is any different ?
    Exactly. And if you don't like those policies, they have others in the bag of tricks too.

Quote Originally Posted by RodShaft View Post
    Are you having a comprehension failure? I said a left led government, even if fianna fail (a right wing party) were the largest individual party.
    Then you mean left-leaning, not left-led, which implies led by a party with leftist policies. There is no combination based on any kind of poll that can provide that kind of option.

Quote Originally Posted by comet View Post

Remind me.

A few months ago he was the Leader of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition, but today he is ......................?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment