Register to Comment
Page 12 of 280 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree1944Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ON THE ONE ROAD View Post
    with greater media coverage it has become obvious that human beings by their nature are incompetent to expect competence is to expect rainbows and unicorns. The flaw is thinking its an irish thing. its not its human, church scandals around the world, government scandals around the world, banks scandals around the world. There is no right to expect competence. Rather than presume its existence and get disappointed when it is not there societies need to develop structures that recognize its impossibility and adapt to that reality.
    You expect ministers not to be willfully incompetent at best or corrupt at worst. You expect ministers not to insult half of the community!

Well, I and many others do.

But it's interesting. This thing has been smoldering (forgive the pun) for months. Nada on the main board. SF do something about it and lo and behold, everyone is suddenly interested.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by mac tíre View Post
    You expect ministers not to be willfully incompetent at best or corrupt at worst. You expect ministers not to insult half of the community!

But it's interesting. This thing has been smoldering (forgive the pun) for months. Nada on the main board. SF do something about it and lo and behold, everyone is suddenly interested.

Only they are not discussing it at all.

Its been obvious how the trolls descended to derail the thread. Cash for Ash, whats that?

Arlene left talking alone to her own party when the rest of the House walked out? Shewer, shes a bore anyway.

I would suspect it was organised, if I didnt know the general level of IQ on Pie, which low at the best of time, plummets by a whole 30 points when the Main Board posters turn their fickle attention to a Northern thread.

Anyway I will pray Coco and would encourage others to do same. He did make a serious effort in the post-GFA era to make Norn Iron a healthy society and I strongly sense that being rebuffed by the DUP in these efforts hurt him personally. It is unlikely that we are going to get someone like him again. I believe that this marks the end of the "Period of Grace" Norn Iron was given after the Troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by runwiththewind View Post
    Regardless of the election results, SF should not go back into government. It's back to direct rule and by the end of 2017, The Irish Language Act will be implemented along with equal marriage legislation.

Bonus, the DUP will have no say in NI's future direction over the next few years, re, Brexit. The only way NI can stay in the EU is by joint authority or by referendum on unity.

Great opportunity for Westminister to offload NI.

Westminister needs the ear and support of Ireland now.

There's something big going down and SF are in the know but the DUP are not.
    they would be daft to go back in alright.

Think you are over estimating the 26 counties resolve though. If london wants them to do something they don't need sweetners when they have coercion.

Mcguinness has been a major figure in ireland for decades. Off course there is interest in him.

On this action being leverage to clean up the north. Grow up.

Twitter
    @

A couple of obvious (to me) points. Martin was going to retire anyway, and this is one last blast from his generation. S.F will be looking to form a Government with the S.D.L.P and a rejuvenated U.U.P.

You are correct.

What is interesting is that you have some of the Unionist posters who shower nothing but abuse on Ireland and everything Irish when they are on the Northern Forum, whilst claiming simultaneously they want a North of equals - but try to pretend they are as clean and pure as the driven snow when on the MB.
    I am amazed it took this long for Nationalists to pull the plug on the sham that is Stormont and the DUP's endless efforts to resist living up to their commitments in the GFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    A couple of obvious (to me) points. Martin was going to retire anyway, and this is one last blast from his generation. S.F will be looking to form a Government with the S.D.L.P and a rejuvenated U.U.P.

Much simpler than that.

If Arlene had been allowed to remain in place with only her own party backing her, after it was obvious she misled the House on a serious abuse of public monies, then in effect there would be no power-sharing executive composed of all parties with representation, just the DUP.

Anyone with half a brain can see where that would lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS) View Post
    At this stage the UUP are worse than the DUP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Anyway I will pray Coco and would encourage others to do same. He did make a serious effort in the post-GFA era to make Norn Iron a healthy society and I strongly sense that being rebuffed by the DUP in these efforts hurt him personally. It is unlikely that we are going to get someone like him again. I believe that this marks the end of the "Period of Grace" Norn Iron was given after the Troubles.
    Have to agree with that ,normal service could resume quite easily . A bad election for the DUP or a refusal by others to form a government leaving them out of power would change the dynamic and they could revert to type . Brexit , a hard border and agitation around the NI remain vote could also pose problems.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment