Register to Comment
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    You're asking me to get inside the heads of sectarian murderers ?
    Well no not really. I'm just asking you to apply a little logic.

It seems to me that if sectarian murder was the purpose of the attack, that it would have been part of a wider pattern at the time.

If shops & other meeting places full of people weren't targeted at the time, it's odd that just one was.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    well La Mon was not a bad start. Full of Prod dog lovers having a night out. Dogs must have been collaborating with the enemy sniffing out things or something like that ?
    Were the two attrocities not 15 years apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Were the two attrocities not 15 years apart?
    Yes, but they had not moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by cogar View Post
    Northtipp: I am totally selective. I hate SF and all they stand for. I detest their mealy mouthed words and deeds. I hate their lies, deceptions and amorality. They bring nothing but cynicism and hypocrisy to political discourse. Their revisionist school debases all that is good in the human spirit.
    So no chance of a vote then, even a number 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Aphorisms View Post
    All you have to do is say they were all terrorists and I will never mention anything to you about the provo's again. It's the fact you can't condemn them that shows you're a waffling, little wagon, who just has it in for PSF and was brainwashed by the 'Murder Machine' as a child.
    Indeed.

The "Good Old" IRA killed more Protestants, more civilians, more women and more children between 1916-23, than the Provisionals did between 1969-98.

Factually speaking, it is the Provisionals who should be considered the "Good" version of the IRA, not their blood-thirsty predecessors who killed more innocent people in a lesser time period.

The natives in the six counties were raped into a statelet from which there was no democratic escape. Their campaign had greater justification.

Collins and his murderous thugs were living in a fully functioning parliamentary democracy which enjoyed a nationalist majority. They had no need to resort to un-mandated violence.

Northtipp: I am totally selective. I hate SF and all they stand for.
    Their revisionist school debases all that is good in the human spirit.
    wow....

lets be honest, the IRA would have had some sectarian elements and did exploit the tribal feelings of each community. They also knew how to propagandise very effectively, but to claim they operated a sectarian war is nonsense. If the IRA had operated a sectarian war it would have been very very messy. Imagine the capability they had, turned to targeting innocent protestants. It doesn't bear thinking about. Their propensity for accepting civilian casualties leads people down the route of calling them sectarian butchers. Whether you supported the IRA campaign is besides the point. Surely if the RA wanted to maximise Protestant deaths why didn't they place a lorry bomb(like docklands/manchester) smack bang in the middle of the shankill or other loyalist/protestant area?

Northtipp: I am totally selective. I hate SF and all they stand for. I detest their mealy mouthed words and deeds. I hate their lies, deceptions and amorality. They bring nothing but cynicism and hypocrisy to political discourse. Their revisionist school debases all that is good in the human spirit.
    And you have selected all those on but one party!

You really couldnt tell your feelings on SF up to this post. It's not like they are blinding your ability to think rationally or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jack View Post
    Indeed.

The "Good Old" IRA killed more Protestants, more civilians, more women and more children between 1916-23, than the Provisionals did between 1969-98.

Factually speaking, it is the Provisionals who should be considered the "Good" version of the IRA, not their blood-thirsty predecessors who killed more innocent people in a lesser time period.

The natives in the six counties were raped into a statelet from which there was no democratic escape. Their campaign had greater justification.

Collins and his murderous thugs were living in a fully functioning parliamentary democracy which enjoyed a nationalist majority. They had no need to resort to un-mandated violence.

Your "facts" are skewed. Check your figures again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Your "facts" are skewed. Check your figures again.
    I have Peter Hart’s 'The IRA at War' and 'The IRA and its Enemies' open in front of me.

Between 1916-1923 the IRA was responsible for the death of nearly 2000 innocent people.

Back to school, son.

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment