Register to Comment
Page 82 of 125 FirstFirst ... 32 728081828384 92 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    Well The Guardian is The Guardian - it has to run a Corrections & Clarifications column every week.

Ifor's problem here is that he can't admit that an English crowd would be so brutal as to lynch anybody. He sees his country as being incapable of doing anything that is in any way ignoble.
    I don't personally know any English people who would boast about lynching, and use it as a taunt. Do you?

A number of posters on this thread see it as being a noble and admirable action.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    Get a grip, most of the clowns in the brit army, have the mental age of a ten your old, their officer class, are not much higher.
    Google it.
    Is your irony dectector on the blink again, DD?

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    There is a class in Ireland who still take all their pointers from the UK. Again, that's a legacy of colonialism. In many ways Ireland does still resemble some dominion within the Empire. That's sad. Just because this exists doesn't mean that we shouldn't take pride in our own national identity and agitate for a united and fully independent Ireland.
    You're far more obsessed with the U.K. than any so-called 'West Brit'.

If you read my other posts you'll see exactly what I had to say on the matter. Mountbatten should not have visited at the height of the Troubles given his status, connections and past. He did so regardless. The Gardaí warned him of the high security risk and advised him not to fish in the area. He ignored their warning and in an act of arrogance and recklessness proceeded with his plans thereby putting his own life and the lives of others in danger. He is responsible for putting the innocent victims of the attack in harms way. He wasn't some random old man. He was a high profile member of the British Royal Family and he had played a central role in British imperial and militaristic exploits in other countries. As such, he was considered a legitimate target by the IRA.
    Maria also blames rape victims for their ordeal, no doubt.

What's warped is an upper class royal from Britain being Viceroy of India and Earl of Burma.
    I think he'd long since retired, my dear.

What 'crimes' had the old lady and two kids committed?

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Emperor View Post
    A downtrodden republican who pretends to live in Northern Ireland...do you not have enough to feel aggrieved about...
    She can always invent relatives killed by the SAS whenever she has the need to feel even more downtrodden.

*snigger*
    Last edited by Ifor Bach; 2nd July 2012 at 07:28 AM.

Seeing as the Euros are over, might I suggest a change of avatar.

Reported.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    I don't personally know any English people who would boast about lynching, and use it as a taunt. Do you?
    The local council leader taunted the police did he not?

If there's anything I learnt from my time on this site, it's that that is very much not the case.
    This is a shoneen site. lots of little John Bulls trolling to their hearts content, insulting Ireland and all things Irish... and most of all, proper Irish people who stand up for Ireland.
    Last edited by Deaf Mute; 2nd July 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf Mute View Post
    This is a shoneen site. lots of little John Bulls trolling to their heats content, insulting Ireland and all things Irish... and most of all, proper Irish people who stand up for Ireland.
    Oh dear you - so you imagine yourself as the arbiter of who is, and who isn't Irish now, eh.

This is not the s.f. website, and it upholds the principle of free speech - a principle you clearly find intolerable.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment