Register to Comment
Page 12 of 125 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Like Tree297Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper Thompson View Post
    Ever heard of the Batang Kali Massacre.....What bubble do you live in?

Is this photo fake also?

'I was wrong,' admits historian over claims of Malaya massacre | Law | The Observer

"Many of the victims' bodies were reported to have been mutilated, and the village of Batang Kali was burned to the ground."
    Would Malaya be a better country today without the British intervention?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    But they neither wanted or needed to kill all Germans.

Did you believe it possible to have defeated the Nazis without killing Germans?

And as a sidepoint, you never saw anything particularly wrong with the Argentinians killing all Indians in Tierra Del Fuego.
    The last point is drivel - I just declined your offer at highly selective blubbering. You're worried about a single small tribe killed by Argentinians because you don't like Argentinans. You're not worried about far more Indians killed by Anglo Saxons, because you like Anglo Saxons. I dribble over neither.

Your argument that defeating Nazism must involve killing hundreds of thousands of civilians is essentially the argument of the Shankhill Butchers.

A better & more humane argument is this - civilians should never be deliberately targeted in war.

In fact it's in the Geneva Convention nowdays.

Quote Originally Posted by beanie View Post
    I suppose it acts as a warning to others that the poster has a tendency to be a dick head and they can scroll past.
    When I see yours I think I've accidentally stumbled into a forum for three year olds.

Would Malaya be a better country today without the British intervention?
    A typical imperialist response........

Quote Originally Posted by Galloper Thompson View Post
    A typical imperialist response........
    It's a good question. Answer please.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    The last point is drivel - I just declined your offer at highly selective blubbering. You're worried about a single small tribe killed by Argentinians because you don't like Argentinans. You're not worried about far more Indians killed by Anglo Saxons, because you like Anglo Saxons. I dribble over neither.
    The same can be turned back on yourself. You seek to minimise and belittle genocide because you cannot blame it on your favourite enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    Philip has huge loyalty to the Queen and it seems that while she lets him shout and rave about things at home---Indians, that idiot who sold him a dud polo pony, bloody foreigners, etc (with just the occasional "Oh, do shut up, Philip")---in public he must follow protocol, which in fairness, bar the odd gaffe, he always does...

But I cannot see but that he must have had to swallow a lot of bile to meet McG. Like a lot of outsiders he is more into the whole British Empire thing than even the Queen or the permanent Royal establishment that he joined as a young man. He fought as a Naval Officer during WW2....

His uncle Mountbatten took him under his wing when Philip was a homeless teenager wandering parentless around the aristocratic houses of Europe. Mountbatten guided him, sorted out his education, introduced him to the Queen when she was a young girl, set up the marriage really, fought to have Philip's children named "Mountbatten" Philip's own family name ....There are many fond letters extant between Mountbatten and his young nephew Philip....

There has got to be a lot of resentment there....
    You seem like quite the royal watcher, gg. You speak of resentment. Well I'm sure MMG has plenty to be resentful of as well. Seeing his friends and neighbours gunned down by the Queen's Armed Forces, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post

Your argument that defeating Nazism must involve killing hundreds of thousands of civilians is essentially the argument of the Shankhill Butchers.

A better & more humane argument is this - civilians should never be deliberately targeted in war.

In fact it's in the Geneva Convention nowdays.
    No, it's common sense. A world war fought with the technology of the time would necessarily involve the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians. This is what inevitably happens in most major wars.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaMcN View Post
    You seem like quite the royal watcher, gg. You speak of resentment. Well I'm sure MMG has plenty to be resentful of as well. Seeing his friends and neighbours gunned down by the Queen's Armed Forces, for example.
    By the British Army or the I.R.A.?

He did his fair share of gunning down, did he not?

By the British Army or the I.R.A.?

He did his fair share of gunning down, did he not?
    By the British Army.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment