Register to Comment
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel View Post
    Perhaps.. but you've also missed out on another possible scenario.. one which FF took advantage for decades..

FF used come to power.. and basically drive the country to ruin by overspending, to keep people voting for them. Eventually, the money ran out, and FF lost an election, letting FG and Labour back into Government.

FG and Labour imposed austerity, slashed and cut.. and eventually righted the states finances.. but, in doing so, became hated for it.

And the people voted FF back in.

This time though, when FG are Lab are hated, the people may put SF in instead of FF. With all the hard work of righting the finances done. And SF will govern in a period of plenty. If they don't screw it up like FF used to.. they could be in power for decades.
    They need to avoid falling into the FF trap of knowing how to get into power, but having no idea what to do when in there.
    Power for power's sake is just more of the same.

I'm disappointed they aren't offering a more radical alternative like...
    - Exit Eurozone and move to Punt Nua
    - Start again with some dignity

Right now I see a variant of the mainstream position.
    They are saying they would be tougher negotiators - while no-one is offering the 'tell them to f off' option....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Hogsback View Post
    They need to avoid falling into the FF trap of knowing how to get into power, but having no idea what to do when in there.
    Power for power's sake is just more of the same.

I'm disappointed they aren't offering a more radical alternative like...
    - Exit Eurozone and move to Punt Nua
    - Start again with some dignity

Right now I see a variant of the mainstream position.
    They are saying they would be tougher negotiators - while no-one is offering the 'tell them to f off' option....
    Last I checked, they did support default.

Quote Originally Posted by John Biffo View Post
    Course I can't, get real homie.

Fiscal treaty won't be defeated, too many TAXPAYERS realise the issues involved.

Only the homeless and nothing-to -lose wasters, and their supporters are against it.

Problem you have though is the homeless and nothing to lose wasters is multiplying faster than the rest because of this governments subservience to bondholders and europe

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    If there was actually a party that aimed for REAL reform instead of re-engaging with early 20th century politics, SF/FG/FF/Lab would be in deep water.
    We are all in deep water and most have no boat.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny365 View Post
    I doubt it after Sinn Feins massive own goal yesterday.
    Newsfail.

What massive own goal?

d

Quote Originally Posted by derryman View Post
    We are all in deep water and most have no boat.
    Sorry, but I would abstain or vote for an independent before even considering voting for SF, and that view is widespread in the middle classes, which are the voters you need to get into government.

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    Last I checked, they did support default.
    Indeedy we do.

Unfortunately, default after we have given away all our cookies is a little less attractive, but still the only option. To be blunt, we are going to default, whether we want to or not, at this stage. We wanted it done in a controlled fashion.

Ah well. Our betters knew better I suppose.

D

People who have something to lose.

These people will never vote SF.
    As FG/LP FFailed policies keep on destroying our economy to pay the gambling debts of greedy, incompetent bankers, their numbers keep on declining. As they cop on to the FFailure of FG/FF/LP economic suicide, even they will change their minds. As many have done already. Soon only imbeciles like you will be left ranting about Shinners.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAibhne View Post
    I have noticed in the Dáil over the past few months on videos posted on internet and generally that Enda Kenny and other members of the cabinet seem to be avoiding the questions completely and now today there is a moaning match over why SF are opposed to the treaty. I myself make my own mind up about referendums and I cant see why anyone would listen to the scare mongering by the government over passing this treaty I feel its all a big blackmail into singing this because they know themselves we are F***ed and they want to fall back on this. Surely we cant let these people blindly run our country any longer when they act like little kids running away from questions about austerity and other issues we need to solves ASAP. I dont want to be biased but since Sinn Féins popularity has went up in recent polls it seems that more and more is being done to try and make the party seem like a joke by those who themselves are a joke-able matter such as Enda and Gilmore with their water charges.

What do yous think from a non bias view.?
    Think FG are rattled.

And they're reacting in the wrong way.

Jimmy Deenihan's piece in IT yesterday is a denial of 1916 and a worship of Bruton's Redmondism.

If he thinks abandoning the memory of 1916 is clever, then he is very badly advised: What FG abandon - and what FF no longer have dcredibility to claim - will be claimed by SF.

heh heh ...least of my problems shaft.
    I am allright jack so.

That does sum up this government>

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment