View Poll Results: How are you voting in the Seanad referendum?

Voters
384. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Yes to abolish

150 39.06%
  • No to keep

199 51.82%
  • I'm not voting

35 9.11%
Register to Comment
Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree983Likes

Seanad referendum day coverage and poll.

Amid concerns around turnout possibly impacting the legitimacy of any decision, polling stations will open on friday across the country for the Seanad referendum.

There's a broadcasting moratorium from today on it, but the yes sides coordinator Richard Bruton described the Seanad as " an obsolete institution which has served the interests of the politicians much more than the citizens" with FFs Niall Collins confident that the gap has closed and that the FG argument around costing has been "blown out of the water".

The Yes side has been ahead in all polls, but the gap has been narrowing with many polled still to decide how (or whether) to vote. Of the 4 main parties, fg, labour and SF are in favour of abolishing the institute with only FF against it.

We'll update this through the next few days with any exit poll/estimates as well as any comments from those involved.

With the day finally here: how are you voting?
    Last edited by Sync; 4th October 2013 at 08:18 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

The day has finally come when we can at last tell politicians we want them no more and for it to mean something and to achieve a real result.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Amid concerns around turnout possibly impacting the legitimacy of any decision, polling stations will open on Saturday across the country for the Seanad referendum.

There's a broadcasting moratorium from today on it, but the yes sides coordinator Richard Bruton described the Seanad as " an obsolete institution which has served the interests of the politicians much more than the citizens" with FFs Niall Collins confident that the gap has closed and that the FG argument around costing has been "blown out of the water".

The Yes side has been ahead in all polls, but the gap has been narrowing with many polled still to decide how (or whether) to vote. Of the 4 main parties, fg, labour and SF are in favour of abolishing the institute with only FF against it.

We'll update this through the next few days with any exit poll/estimates as well as any comments from those involved.

With the day finally here: how are you voting?
    There is an error in the post - it should be Friday not Saturday . Can you fix if please.

Voted already.
    Yes and Yes.

I too have voted early. Yes to both propositions.

Yes to Abolition, NO to workfare for our be wigged betters.

Any pictures of nuns voting yet?

The declaration of yes voters on the Seanad should help posters out themselves as either (wannabe) insiders or (actual) idiots. Obviously anyone voting no to the court of appeal is just a loon. (But hey it's still a democracy, vote freely as your conscience dictates and intelligence allows).

No on Abolition.
    Held my nose and voted Yes for the new Judges.

in work today so got in at 7.15 to vote.

voted with great glee in my first and only seanad vote to get shot of it .

so it was a double yes from me.

on an aside for such an early time in the morning turnout was actually visable. mainly old people (50s plus) with one young fella.

five altogether.

i really wasnt expecting to see anyone as i reckon the turn out will be 34% or so and my area isnt exactly overflowing with seanad types

My feeling inside is to vote not to not abolish the Seanad, if Enda Kenny wants it gone then it must be a bad thing because that guy dosent do anything in the interest of the people of Ireland, and how he couldnt be bothered to appear on TV. Reform is what was needed and I dont get a vote on that.

Ive decided to protest and not bother to vote, I think its a scandal the choices being offered and like many others im not willing to cast my vote to the demands of Enda.

Page 1 of 178 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment