Register to Comment
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MrD011 View Post
    I would like to get Roscommon people's appraisal of Ming . How do you feel he has performed since being elected .

I like his attitude , I dont agree with him on everything in particular the cannabis issue but apart from that he's been quite vocal on a number of issues like turf cutting etc .

so what are the opinions of Roscommon People.

If you dont agree with him on the cannabis issue you need to education yourself: Decriminalise drug use, say experts after six-year study | Politics | The Guardian

Dont take his word for it, read the experts!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    bit of a jump there expecting that,

1. Roscommon People can read
    2. Roscommon people have access to the interweb

as for MING, he is safe as houses next time out
    agreed, i made 100 from paddy power last time round, i dont think ill get even money this time.

Quote Originally Posted by truthisfree View Post
    Not sure I agree with him on the turf cutting, he is outspoken and vocal and is not afraid to state exactly what he thinks.

Last night with Vinnie Browne he answered every question directly, something that almost all politicians refuse to do much to Vinnies chagrin. I don't live in Roscomon but do know that he is well liked and respected there regardless of his stance on cannabis in what would be regarded as a conservative community.
    you might agree with him on the turf cutting if your grandparents were warming them in the winter with their own turf.

Quote Originally Posted by John Biffo View Post
    I'll ask again, what is his record of achievement in national Politics.

What difference has his election made to the National Electorate.

How am I better off with his election.
    because he is representing us with integrity and with principles. Asking all the correct questions.
    Luke and a few others i think have enough support to create a party, that would be where his real power could come from, but that takes time.
    Its very hard to make changed in opposition, every bill will get voted down. so you could ask that question of any opposition TD.

Quote Originally Posted by Angler View Post
    TD's from the main parties vote the whip ,apart from the occasional "martyr ",how are they any better than an Independent in the light of broken election policies . "We are where we are" . We've seen the books , all bets are off .Trust me .
    One difference, Luke didnt break any promises.

Heard him on Moncrief yesterday, extremely straight talker went something like 'So what is like on the opposition benches?' Ming- 'All the debates are the same if someone from SF challenges the government, they get well you were terrorists and if someone from FF challenges them its well you f**ked up the country' I'm sure there must be a pod cast from the 15th Oct but as I can't link anything you'll have to look it up. Was very funny and refreshing from a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by EoinMag View Post
    I have family in his constituency, my parents love him because he has balls and speaks for the people, my siblings and friends love him for the same reason.
    He's a well liked man and seen as a true man of the people in a crowd of suited shysters, others here call that unprofessional and such like.
    Unprofessional to speak for the people? I owuld have thought that thats what he was elected to do?

Twitter
    @

apologies for posting such a huge screengrab, but it is necessary to show the damage that is being inflicted upon our irreplaceable resources. only a true bogman would cut and burn the very land from under himself. as you close in on the google images your stomach actually turns when you see the damage caused.
    ming is one in a long line of gimpy demagogic freaks who has power in this country while believing his own hype.
    our tourism is based on the idea of a green naturally rich island, but ming et al are determined to convert ireland into a muddy polluted wasteland full of junky neo-hippy losers.
    Last edited by uz.r.ol.2.much; 19th October 2012 at 06:10 PM. Reason: it wasn't such a huge image after all

I like Ming and would vote for him if he was in my constituency. He's far from perfect and can be a ratty little so and so at times. He's a fairly straight shooter, a liberal leftie rural politician who voted for Clare Daly's abortion bill even though he's from a rural constituency. Sure he plays the local card, but he's not one of those sleazebag TDs who are up to their eyes in dodgy property deals with all the conflicts of interest that go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by murtaep View Post
    you might agree with him on the turf cutting if your grandparents were warming them in the winter with their own turf.
    What I know of the turf cutting is that there was a European directive twenty, yes twenty years ago to reserve some of the bogs. I also know that there was compensation if people provided proof of cuttng their bogs for fuel. I have seen three times the amount of people going out and cutting bogs since this came to a head, people who never put a foot inside a bog until the compensation of ten years fuel became public......

I own bog, bog that would have had turf cut on it for generations, I joked when I saw the compensation proposal and daid i should maybe start cutting turf now to claim compensation, I was joking, I have never cut turf, and I still don't but what I meant by the joke is that lots of people would do what I joked about..and they did... It is not in my nature to be that type of sleeveen....hence I will get my ass outta this country asap....

it does not take a lot of brains to be a liar and a cheat...and that is what most of this country is, pulling the fast one, getting one over the government ( and a government reflects this) i do not belong here, I make my money by creating something and producing it, not pulling a fast one...may be post-colonilism but I am so sick of it, it makes me puke...

Ming has backed these people, maybe he did not know, He is not a bad guy at all, and I wish there was a Dail full of Mings, it would be a better country.
    i

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment