Register to Comment
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree121Likes

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    The White Helmets are an unlikely group of heroes. These former tailors, bakers, teachers and other ordinary Syrians banded together in 2013 to save the lives others were working so hard to take. They have now saved more than 114,431 lives. But for the work they do, White Helmet volunteers and their civil defence centres are often targeted. Russian and Syrian regime planes bomb civilians, and then they circle back bomb the rescue workers and medical workers who come to help.
    That answers the question "what are they themelves, selling themselves to be ? "

It does NOT answer the question "who are they ? "
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    To be clear - you never examined any of the evidence in the video, but you are certain that it is not possible useful.

Abundantly clear.
    I'm certain that any time listening to a guy who thinks Hitler was a Rothschild is utterly wasted.

Similarly I'm not going to waste time getting particularly worried if this tiny % of the hundreds of thousands of people dead at Assad's hands died from Chlorine, or nerve gas, or something else. They're dead at his hands, and surgical strikes to damage his warmachine are never going to be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I'm certain that any time listening to a guy who thinks Hitler was a Rothschild is utterly wasted.

Similarly I'm not going to waste time getting particularly worried if this tiny % of the hundreds of thousands of people dead at Assad's hands died from Chlorine, or nerve gas, or something else. They're dead at his hands, and surgical strikes to damage his warmachine are never going to be a bad thing.
    You are certain that you do not want to change your ignorance concerning the question "who are the white helmets".

You have been presented with evidence, and you have dismissed it on the basis that your opinion has already been informed.

Yes, I'm dismissing it on the basis that the author is a lunatic. If someone sane comes along, I'll look at that. The coin of his opinion is utterly debased.

Similarly: I'm not going to believe something Putin tells me about the Ukraine or Trump tells me about minorities.

John Pilger, Robert Fisk, Greg Palast have all been become personae non gratiae for MSM , and right wing leaning media , I wonder why?I've read material from all three and they just use material that is released about the topics they discuss.I recommend "The best Democracy Money Can Buy" by Greg Palast to show how a free democratic country can still be corrupted legally by the Corporates and rich , powerful individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    That answers the question "what are they themelves, selling themselves to be ? "

It does NOT answer the question "who are they ? "
    There is no reason to believe that , despite what Assad and his backers are pushing, there isn't a moderate opposition in Syria and that the White helmets are drawn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    I'm not going to waste time getting particularly worried if this tiny % of the hundreds of thousands of people dead at Assad's hands died from Chlorine, or nerve gas, or something else. They're dead at his hands, and surgical strikes to damage his warmachine are never going to be a bad thing.
    The "hundreds of thousands" number comes from the White Helmets, and their Coventry Office, The Syrian Observatory.

The methodology for arriving at the number is pure Orwellian.

If civilians are killed, and the terrorists don't claim responsibility, then the number is attributed to the Government.

Barrel bombs launched into downtown Damascus by Al Quaeda >> Do Al Quaeda claim responsibility? >> If Yes, add to "Rebel" tally. >> If No, add to Government tally.

Yazidi women and children raped and killed by DAESH >> Do Daesh claim responsibility? >> If Yes, add to "Rebel" tally. >> If No, add to Government tally.

Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    There is no reason to believe that , despite what Assad and his backers are pushing, there isn't a moderate opposition in Syria and that the White helmets are drawn from it.
    Other than the fact that the US has admitted as much during a Congressional investigation.

And to consider the Jihadists in The White Helmets to be "moderate" is really gilding the lilly.

Moderate is what Syria used to be with a multi-ethnic and multi-religious society.

The version of Sunni Islam that Al Quaeda and DAESH want to inflict on the people of Syria (and did inflict in those areas they had control of through the years) is very very far from moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    The "hundreds of thousands" number comes from the White Helmets, and their Coventry Office, The Syrian Observatory.
    No, it comes from the UN and HRW. But if they're part of the NWO conspiracy against poor Assad, let's just leave it at "Lots" if that's easier for you. Assad's war machine has killed "lots" of people. And Corbett is a credibility-shorn loon who has "lots" of conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    The Guns of April : Are we in a pre-War era, right now? - Peter Hitchens

The Guardian Becomes the Warmonger’s Gazette

Remember, this is the Guardian, a newspaper which for decades was the house journal of ban-the-bombers and protestors against the Suez adventure and the Vietnam war, with very high proportions of Quakers, moth-eaten liberals and vegans among its readers. Yet now it has become a trumpet for armed intervention. Under the pious slogan ‘Comment is free…but facts are sacred’ first stated by its greatest editor C.P.Scott, the paper’s opinion column declares (again without the slightest qualification): ‘Syria's renewed use of chemical weapons against its own people at the weekend is shameless and barbaric. Dozens of people in the remaining rebel-held suburbs of Damascus were suffocated by Saturday's chemical attack on the Douma district. This is not the first time this has happened. Since the use of sarin at Khan al-Assal in 2013 there have been dozens of chemical attacks by the regime. These deliberate attacks on civilians show callous contempt for humanity and disregard for the laws of war. Official Syrian claims that the latest killings have been fabricated are beneath contempt.’

But if facts are sacred, how can the Guardian be so sure, given that it is relying on a report from one correspondent 70 miles away, and another one 900 miles away, however good they are at their jobs, and some anonymous quotes from people whose stories it has no way of checking?

Long-distance Psychiatry? A Breakthrough!

It recognises the problem that any such action by President Assad would be raving mad. Assad is on the verge of a highly significant victory in Ghouta, and a gas attack would provide the only realistic opportunity for an American intervention against him, about the only thing that could once again put his position in doubt. The Guardian isn't troubled by that. It argues: ‘Some may ask why, since the slow throttling of Damascus's eastern Ghouta suburbs seems to be approaching a grisly climax, the government feels any need to breach one of the oldest taboos in warfare once more. To answer that adequately it is necessary to delve into the darkest places of the psychology of a regime that celebrates the overwhelming use of force, the need to terrorise civilians and the right to punish opponents indiscriminately as a weapon of policy.’ In other words, yes, President Assad is mad. Well it is a point of view, but even if reporting of atrocities can be done accurately from a distance of 900 miles, I have heard of no attested experiments showing that psychiatry can be done at such distances.
    Hitchens has lost his marbles.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment