Register to Comment
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    Tucker Carlson on Fox had a good(and funny) debate on this last week with a Canadian professor , really exposed the total obscurity of it all. Maybe someone might post it up.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Jokes apart, I don't see why it bothers people. Unless it is impinging on you directly in some way, what does it matter how someone identifies themselves and why wouldn't you want to validate them by acknowledging that? It's like getting annoyed with someone because you don't like their name.
    I think the end point for all of this should just be not giving a toss about who you want to bonk. And just ditch urinals as most blokes don't like getting pi$$ splashes on their chinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples 77 View Post

"The Canadian Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) of Ontario hosted a LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP inclusiveness training session on June 6.

The acronym stands for Lesbian, Gay, Genderqueer, Bisexual, Demisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Twospirit, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Allies, Pansexual and Polyamorous."

That's a joke, right?

Jokes apart, I don't see why it bothers people. Unless it is impinging on you directly in some way, what does it matter how someone identifies themselves and why wouldn't you want to validate them by acknowledging that? It's like getting annoyed with someone because you don't like their name.
    You cannot be prosecuted in Canada for hate speech if you deliberately get someones name wrong, but you can if someone thinks you deliberately used the wrong pronoun, Bill C16.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples 77 View Post
    As someone said, it's hard to include lots of sub-groups in a snappy group title that is supposed to cover sub-groups that stem from their members being different from other sub-groups.

But here's the latest attempt.

I find it odd that these folks talk about things like "the LGBT community" as if it is a community that is grounded in some commonality.

Now we're at the point where it's all very mix-and-match - everyone just picks from the massive set of initials that relate to these various groups. No doubt they upset some sub-group in the process, no matter how hard they try to be inclusive.

Teachers federation conducts 'LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP' training | Daily Mail Online

"The Canadian Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) of Ontario hosted a LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP inclusiveness training session on June 6.

The acronym stands for Lesbian, Gay, Genderqueer, Bisexual, Demisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Twospirit, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Allies, Pansexual and Polyamorous."
    they only need one letter, 'D' for degeneracy

Carlson burned the prof when he said 'the US has free speech but in Canada you can be imprisoned'.

The horrific treatment of Ernst Zundel and the persecution of Prof Peterson come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by benroe View Post
    I have to wonder why those claiming to promote equality go to such great lengths to make arbitrary distinctions.
    Funding.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post

That's a joke, right?
    Could they just change it to "not Straight ".

They'll be all set...

Well, it's educated me, I had no idea what Twospirit was until I just looked it up.

It doesn't seem like a bad thing to give people's identities their correct names. If you were from Cavan and someone thought your accent was from Monaghan you'd probably get quite irritated and correct them.
    That's not a bad analogy. You could claim (and I wouldn't disagree) that each county has a distinct accent. But, would we require teachers to take training so they can recognise each one, and therefore be able to avoid the horror of causing offence by failing to distinguish Monaghan from Cavan? The other alternative could be for people to grow-up, get a life, be whatever they want to be, but not impose their neediness on the rest of us.

Trinity is ceasing the use of the term freshman (meaning first year student of either sex) to just the word 'fresh'. Even freshperson won't do apparently.

When I first heard this I thought it was a joke.....

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment