Register to Comment
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    But you are the only one interpreting his success in financial terms. Its a bit of an assumption and quite unpalatable on its own and in context.
    It's "a bit of an assumption" for me to think that when Peterson describes his Patreon support as "overwhelmingly successful" he means that it's raised a substantial amount of money?

Tell me, Watcher2 - what other interpretation would be more reasonable, when speaking about one's success with a platform that is used specifically to raise money?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Quebecoise View Post
    Lol at people in Northern Ireland lecturing Canadians about lunacy.
    From here it looks as though the loons are running the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
    It's "a bit of an assumption" for me to think that when Peterson describes his Patreon support as "overwhelmingly successful" he means that it's raised a substantial amount of money?

Tell me, Watcher2 - what other interpretation would be more reasonable, when speaking about one's success with a platform that is used specifically to raise money?
    I saw a count of followers. So like you, I made some assumptions, but unlike you, I saw the potential for support in the form of people agreeing with the guy and supporting his theories and ideas. So, tell us, why would your first thoughts be towards something grubby like money rather than something good and positive like moral support? Would it have anything to do with Peterson not supporting the kind of bunkum you vomit on our screens?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    I saw a count of followers. So like you, I made some assumptions, but unlike you, I saw the potential for support in the form of people agreeing with the guy and supporting his theories and ideas. So, tell us, why would your first thoughts be towards something grubby like money rather than something good and positive like moral support? Would it have anything to do with Peterson not supporting the kind of bunkum you vomit on our screens?
    Do you know what Patreon is? It's a platform people use to raise money.

Do you know what Patreon is? It's a platform people use to raise money.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    In my experience Canadians are lovely people, yet they, or some group of them, keep coming up with this type of bolloxology. You really have to wonder are they just too nice and too polite to call out the nonsense.
    My impression about them is the opposite. Quite cold people generally and not due to the weather

A simple game of Guess Who is gone out the window with all this insanity.
    Last edited by Herr Rommel; 7th December 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Mostly I'm just curious to see whether pumpkin thinks people with a medical condition are deluded.
    I've made my views very clear, if you were so sure of your opinions you wouldn't be concerned with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie View Post
    I've made my views very clear, if you were so sure of your opinions you wouldn't be concerned with mine.
    But you haven't made your views clear at all, despite having been asked to do so several times.

The OP lists fifteen terms. You've addressed perhaps four of them (three of which you say you have no issue with).

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples 77 View Post
    As someone said, it's hard to include lots of sub-groups in a snappy group title that is supposed to cover sub-groups that stem from their members being different from other sub-groups.

But here's the latest attempt.

I find it odd that these folks talk about things like "the LGBT community" as if it is a community that is grounded in some commonality.

Now we're at the point where it's all very mix-and-match - everyone just picks from the massive set of initials that relate to these various groups. No doubt they upset some sub-group in the process, no matter how hard they try to be inclusive.

Teachers federation conducts 'LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP' training | Daily Mail Online

"The Canadian Elementary Teachers Federation (ETFO) of Ontario hosted a LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP inclusiveness training session on June 6.

The acronym stands for Lesbian, Gay, Genderqueer, Bisexual, Demisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Twospirit, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, Asexual, Allies, Pansexual and Polyamorous."
    Oh no - some teachers in a different country attended a workshop designed to help people make things easier for oppressed groups, whatever shall we do?

Right wing bigots are the most easily triggered snowflakes of them all.

Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment