Register to Comment
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Like Tree121Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    You, and all the rest of the women who spit on me every day because I express my pro life views, have no interest in engaging in this decision in Canada, hiding behind the racist slur and Merc whose posts have truly disgusted me, not because technically he's giving the judges view of the law, but he's in effect accepting it.

Sexual contact without explicit and ongoing consent is sexual assault - regardless of the relationship imo.

In Canadian law sexual assault is clear and was amended to include sexual assault against a spouse in 1983. Over 30 years ago.
    Apparently Canadian law and you don't agree as to what constitutes rape.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Yeah in general it seems there needs to be a bit of tuning in Canadian courts.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-the-incident

During the trial – in which the court heard that Figaro forcefully tried to kiss the girl, licking her face and groping her before she managed to get out of the cab – Braun brought up the girl’s physical appearance.

“She’s a young girl, 17. Maybe she’s a little overweight but she has a pretty face, no?” the judge said, according to a recording published by the Journal de Montréal.

Citing the girl’s strict religious upbringing, the judge suggested that she might have welcomed the advances of the 49-year-old, who he said “looks good and doesn’t seem his age”.

He continued: “She was a bit flattered … Maybe it was the first time he showed interest in her.”

The judge also suggested that trying to kiss someone may be acceptable but that a different level of consent would be needed for anything more. “A man is interested in her, he tries to kiss her. Surely the same consent isn’t required to try to kiss someone as for – as we say – putting one’s hand in the basket,” Braun asked, using a French expression for grabbing someone’s rear end.

Canada pledges investigation into why rape victim was held in jail with attacker
    Read more
    Braun eventually found Figaro guilty of sexual assault. He dismissed Figaro’s claims that he had not noticed the 17-year-old before, citing the fact that the accused regularly stopped in at the coffee shop where she worked. In his ruling, the judge said he found this hard to believe, “taking into consideration the [victim’s] figure, which is quite voluptuous; the court specifies that she is a pretty young girl.

Has Justin Timberlake pronounced on this matter yet? He was very quick out of the blocks on the Quebec burka legislation. Presumably he'd be even more concerned that Canadian law was letting men off with raping their wives, if they're Muslim and don't know the law and their culture 'permits' it. I mean, he would, wouldn't he?

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment