Register to Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 104
Like Tree49Likes
  1. #1
    Breanainn Breanainn is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,664

    Kenny proposes all-party committee on political reform

    With this having been a central demand of both the Social Democrats and the Greens, it does put the onus on both to get off the fence, unless Martin ups the ante:

    Kenny to propose all-party group for Dáil reform - RTÉ News
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    an innocent abroad an innocent abroad is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    26,180

    Just what we need, another bleeding committee.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    jmcc jmcc is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    42,440

    A big f*cking late now. Perhaps the village idiot doesn't fancy being sent back to his village and will even do a deal with FF to avoid it?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    im axeled im axeled is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    26,247

    he probably needs their votes for the c.c job placement, we all know about his promises, how he fails to keep them
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    lostexpectation lostexpectation is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,170


    2h
    Gavan Reilly @gavreilly
    Enda Kenny to propose an all-party committee on #Dáil reform when TDs gather tomorrow pic.twitter.com/U3xW8GJ4LM


    The party will continue to discuss and finalise its comprehensive political-reform proposals as presented to the parliamentary meeting this evening by Eoghan Murphy


    Reforming Dáil Éireann A view from the backbenches Eoghan Murphy 2013 eoghanmurphy.ie/wp-content/upl…

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Accidental sock Accidental sock is offline
    Accidental sock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,786

    Isn't this kinda what Micheal already proposed?

    Surely it's all just "party leaders propose wiffly-waffly-woo to buy time, while they try and figure out how best to form a government, thus attaining some iota of power and relevance, but only after the 1916 hullabaloo, without alienating their base and thus ensuring nephew Bobby/Billy/Cletus will retain the seat when they die/retire?"
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    offalypat offalypat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,989

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental sock View Post
    Isn't this kinda what Micheal already proposed?

    Surely it's all just "party leaders propose wiffly-waffly-woo to buy time, while they try and figure out how best to form a government, thus attaining some iota of power and relevance, but only after the 1916 hullabaloo, without alienating their base and thus ensuring nephew Bobby/Billy/Cletus will retain the seat when they die/retire?"
    its what sinn fein proposed in the dail whats next chlorine in the water
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    GOF58 GOF58 is offline
    GOF58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    208

    He had five years in government to do this, does he think we're all idiots? The man was Taoiseach with the largest majority in his party's history, and despite the sh*t Fianna Fail made of the country his incompetence and arrogance saw them back in the mix for government after one term, if he wanted reform so badly he's have done it sooner. Smaller parties would do well to look at the Greens and Labour for a cautionary tale of what happens to smaller parties that support FG/FF governments.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    lostexpectation lostexpectation is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20,170

    Quote Originally Posted by GOF58 View Post
    He had five years in government to do this, does he think we're all idiots? The man was Taoiseach with the largest majority in his party's history, and despite the sh*t Fianna Fail made of the country his incompetence and arrogance saw them back in the mix for government after one term, if he wanted reform so badly he's have done it sooner. Smaller parties would do well to look at the Greens and Labour for a cautionary tale of what happens to smaller parties that support FG/FF governments.
    well the idea here is he doing it now to disappate the power of FF and SF
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    GOF58 GOF58 is offline
    GOF58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    208

    Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    well the idea here is he doing it now to disappate the power of FF and SF
    That would have been easier to do when they were on a combined total of 34 seats and in opposition.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment