Register to Comment
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree31Likes

Quote Originally Posted by gleeful View Post
    It was a form of grassroots pressure and 'direct democracy' that resulted in the 8th ammendment. Mob rule doesnt result in good law.
    read Masterminds of the Right it was done by handful of elite people
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Poll: Do you think the R48 election posters ‘relate’ to the general election? » Reinstate48.ie
    Poll: Do you think the R48 election posters ‘relate’ to the general election?

On Friday, 19th February 2016, the President of the High Court, Mr Justice Peter Kelly, ruled that the R48 election posters were not "election posters" as they did not "relate" to the general election. Justice Kelly said that the posters “did not exhort anybody to vote for any person or party”.

R48 argued that the R48 election posters were teasers that invited the viewer to visit the R48 website (Reinstate Article 48 of the 1922 Irish Free State Constitution » Reinstate48.ie) where they are asked to vote only for candidates in the forthcoming election who have pledged to restore Article 48 to the Irish constitution if elected to the Dáil.

Do you think Justice Kelly was right or do you think that perhaps he just doesn't get the Internet? POLL CLOSED

Poll Results

POLL RESULTS BLOCKED
    can anyone find the ruling at courts.ie

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    Just had a look now on the High Court search site. According to the IT article here:
    When the matter came before the High Court yesterday, Mr Justice Michael Hanna granted an ex parte application (one side only represented) by lawyers for Mr Mulcahy, chairman of the R48 Initiative, leave to bring judicial review proceedings against the council.
    According to the article, this happened the day before, i.e. 18th February 2016.
    Got up a listing everything on in the High Court that day. One of these cases was:
    MULCAHY, STEPHEN
    2016 104 JR MULCAHY -V- DUBLIN CITY COUNCIL
    Stephen Mulcahy was one of the main people involved in R48. This must be the case concerned. Clicking "view" for his case and then clicking "next" several times brought up some more info (not a huge amount but some).

Final entry in all of this was:

25/05/2016 JUDICIAL REVIEW / FOR MENTION 0002 Withdrawn
    So, presumably, the opportunity to pursue a judicial review was not pursued.

No actual rulings. Maybe there's enough info about the case there to find it if they are available elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbar10 View Post
    Thanks, I'd spotted that total a while back. Not sure where the €30k figure came from (I think I only ever saw the €30k figure quoted in one newspaper, nowhere else). Heard nothing more either about that court case on the right to put up posters (pretty pointless now I guess). Probably just a publicity stunt as you said previously.
    more evidence this was a self inflated stunt https://www.democracy-international....eland-2016.pdf page 4 "Figure 2 Reinsate48 posters outside major newspaper offices Feb 2016"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment