Register to Comment
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    Of course. I would put all my proposals to a referendum.
    Well, I am aware of the irony that comes with what I about to say next, seeing that I am from a rural areas, but......quite a few of the more famous parish-pumpers do seem to come from Rural areas.

Agreed.

Anywhere near Leitrim?

Sincerely, Toman13.
    Absolutely. I love Leitrim and have made many friends there through RRI and the IRDA over the years.
    I was honoured to be invited to be guest speaker in Ballinamore earlier this year at a public meeting called by the INTO to save rural schools. I think about 300 people attended.
    See you in Leitrim
    Jim
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Citizens Party View Post
    Absolutely. I love Leitrim and have made many friends there through RRI and the IRDA over the years.
    I was honoured to be invited to be guest speaker in Ballinamore earlier this year at a public meeting called by the INTO to save rural schools. I think about 300 people attended.
    See you in Leitrim
    Jim
    Cool. I actually live near that area in Leitrim.

Let's face it, the existing political parties have failed miserably...one only has to look at the state of the country to see that. Perhaps there is a need for a radical overhaul of existing values to lead to a fairer system of government. If the Irish Citizens Party is about that radical overhaul, then maybe it should be afforded the opportunity. We live in a country where media itself is a major power and has a real vested interest in protecting the status quo. Stroke politics, as evidenced once again this week (in the case of the primary care centres in Balbriggan) should be consigned to the dustbin of history and those who engage in it to political oblivion. The electorate (like consumers) have the power. If only they use it for real change, perhaps we can claw ourselves out of the hole we're in...

May soon be The Irish Citizen's Party with someone like RBB perhaps as its only member and the head.

Quote Originally Posted by MickCurran View Post
    Let's face it, the existing political parties have failed miserably...one only has to look at the state of the country to see that. Perhaps there is a need for a radical overhaul of existing values to lead to a fairer system of government. If the Irish Citizens Party is about that radical overhaul, then maybe it should be afforded the opportunity. We live in a country where media itself is a major power and has a real vested interest in protecting the status quo. Stroke politics, as evidenced once again this week (in the case of the primary care centres in Balbriggan) should be consigned to the dustbin of history and those who engage in it to political oblivion. The electorate (like consumers) have the power. If only they use it for real change, perhaps we can claw ourselves out of the hole we're in...
    Thank you MickCurran for your encouragement, if we fail it won't be for want of trying.
    Anybody in the Ennis area can attend a public we are holding tomorrow night (Thur 4th Oct) in the Temple Gate Hotel at 8pm. The theme is People Power and our guest speaker is Luke Ming Flanagan.
    In my own contribution tomorrow night I explain my belief that the more austerity imposed on our country as time goes on, the more ungovernable the country will become.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by stakerwallace View Post
    May soon be The Irish Citizen's Party with someone like RBB perhaps as its only member and the head.
    I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about but it does'nt sound friendly
    Jim

Irish Citizens Party.

They certainly do. Despite Roisin's best efforts.

Will you be hitting the price of drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Daly View Post
    Jim Connolly of the Irish Citizens Party, prediction, armed take over of Liberty Hall.
    Sorry - no scruff allowed past the lobby of the new 100 metre tall Liberty Hall (with sky dome).

It's what Jim would have wanted...

Quote Originally Posted by publicrealm View Post
    Sorry - no scruff allowed past the lobby of the new 100 metre tall Liberty Hall (with sky dome).

It's what Jim would have wanted...
    I'm sure you mean well, but it might be good if you tried to communicate in plain English so I knew what you are on about,
    Jim

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment