Register to Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Quote Originally Posted by RainyDay View Post
    Why wait for public consultation? If you have all the answers, I'm sure Big Phil will be delighted to hear from you anytime. You can even post them here, for the usual p.ie razor sharp critique.
    I have already done that, but I see no move yet to establish a Federal Republic....
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Heres one he can ask the councilors of Limerick
    Do you agree with spending €60000 in awarding the freedom of Limerick to Paul O Connell

Quote Originally Posted by Inda Kenny View Post
    Heres one he can ask the councilors of Limerick
    Do you agree with spending €60000 in awarding the freedom of Limerick to Paul O Connell
    How did it come to that much?

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    I have already done that, but I see no move yet to establish a Federal Republic....
    Yeah, funnily enough, that's how democracy works. You don't get to change the course of Government with one letter. It would be just a little bit impractical for things to work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mido View Post
    Set out below is the questions asked of current local councillors by the Minister to inform him on local government reform - he wanted replies by Friday 15/6/12 having sent them out on 1/6/12. Key element is that no such public consultation has , to my knowledge taken place. based on the questions asked, I would not expect radical changes to be propoed by our esteemed elected reps. anyway for your consideration the questions are below

from covering letter to survey

Questionnaire Survey

No danger of a load of councillors suggesting that there should be inquiries into zoning and planning over the last 20 years at council level in Ireland?

It would be like turkeys writing to the local butcher requesting christmas be brought forward. This exercise is a waste of public money by that auctioneer abusing ministerial powers to protect his professional interests in keeping the corrupt zoning and planning system across Ireland.

No amount of distracting questionnaires hoping to come up with more pointless tinkering around the marketing edges of corruption at local level in Irish politics is going to attend to that major issue.

Why can't govt ask people about loc govt reform for a change?

They have a referendum on their issues, why not on property tax and local govt reform?

It could ask "Which would you prefer: A radical overhaul of local government, cutting costs and top salaries -OR- A property tax?"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post

They have a referendum on their issues, why not on property tax and local govt reform?

It could ask "Which would you prefer: A radical overhaul of local government, cutting costs and top salaries -OR- A property tax?"
    The last government did.They published a green paper called Stronger Local Government (or Democracy, cant remember).You will find it on the Department of Environment website.Probably be able to read the public submissions as well.They never got around to doing anymore because it all went tits up.They had the revenue commissioners do a report that included local government funding as well.( it recommended a property tax, amongst other things, as far as I remember)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post

So you don't want local Government to be properly funded?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment