Register to Comment
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Like Tree74Likes

You cant stop anyone lying. If you catch them lying, don't vote for them again. Simples. Too many people in this country keep voting for those that have lied to them. Who's yer man over the West who has left a trail of debts to farmers for decades yet they kept voting for him? Apparently he used tell them that if they didn't vote for him he would not pay them what he owed. They should have just not voted for him and take him to court to get their money back.

Or just beat the sh1t out of him.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
    Isn't it amazing we have an the Advertising Standards Authority who will fine a business for saying something even slightly misleading, yet politicians are allowed to put up posters, run TV adverts, write news articles, and give speeches chock full of lies and half-truths and thats somehow perfectly acceptable.

I mean, I remember during the last election Timmy Dooley said on the radio that the 24 hour A&E in Ennis was his top priority, that it would not be shutting down, and said if they do shut it down he would immediately step down if we was elected.

Well he was elected, he voted in support to close the 24 hour A&E and then when asked again on the same radio show a few days later his response was 'sure, no one took me seriously when I said that, it was a joke'.

I think any politician who does anything resembling that should be immediately recalled and be hit with massive fines from the Advertising Standards Authority as any business who engaged in such behaviour would be hit with serious sanctions. Yet our politicians are able to lie directly to the public before an election, then do the direct opposite after elected and we the good citizens of this country are stuck waiting for another election cycle to try and rid ourselves of such lying scumbags.
    It's a bit of a shock when you take the red pill and finally wake up
    and realise how your dystopian prison planet system of control really works.
    Isn't it?

Democracy my hole!

Servants of capital elected on the basis of deliberate lies without the possibility of
    recall for 5 years in which they can do whatever they like with our country's laws, it's finances and it's public assets, not to mention screwing over the irrelevant non voting poor as much as they please to pay for those tax breaks for the rich and supporting ugly wars of empire (as our proxy voices) which kill millions of irrelevant "unpeople" for profit.

Yet we keep engaging with this same process over and over, expecting different results.
    That conforms to insanity as defined by Albert Einstein.

We need to make our politicians fear the people once again. They have clearly lost that healthy fear and with it's loss has come a deep contempt for the ordinary people.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post

Who's yer man over the West who has left a trail of debts to farmers for decades yet they kept voting for him? Apparently he used tell them that if they didn't vote for him he would not pay them what he owed. They should have just not voted for him and take him to court to get their money back.

Or just beat the sh1t out of him.
    His name is John Ellis. Former FF TD for Sligo-Leitrim.

Seemingly, he did his best to repay all of the farmers who were living in his constituency, but didn't pay the others!

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment