Register to Comment
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cillian32 View Post
    And we think we have it bad
    We do.

Have you forgotten all the eFFing traitor gobsh!tes lining up to defend Bertie A'hole Ahern during Mahon when the dogs in the street knew what he was saying was bullsh!t?

At least this Aussie tit doesn't even know what he's agreeing with.

Despite their bluster, the eFFing traitors knew exactly what they were defending and continued on regardless.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    I'm just not going to comment.
    Dont tell us.you prefer sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by james toney View Post
    Dont tell us.you prefer sheep?
    Worried? Are you a sheep?
    You strike me as a bit slow right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by drummed View Post
    Worried? Are you a sheep?
    You strike me as a bit slow right enough.
    Didnt mean to touch a nerve.Thought you mentioned your love for farm animals elsewhere on here.
    Anyway back on topic,that clip was funny,talk about following your leader blindly!

I haven't watched the video in the OP yet, but I agree with DC's description of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bumble View Post
    I prefer to hug a woman. If SF had that as part of their induction process, I have no doubt that there would be a influx of enthusiastic young men. And lesbians.
    Would that make Mary Lou jealous?

At least that guy was honest about his ignorance of what the PM said.

This video below is worse imo.

Corrine Brown, a Democrat Rep. from Florida is caught out making up a story about a murdered white woman in her district to claim she is equally concerned about crimes against all races (and not just blacks in the context of the Martin shooting).

Quote Originally Posted by David Cochrane View Post
    This is not a scene from The Thick Of It. This is real.
    Brilliant

I hate to break it to those with an interest in politics but ministers support the PM or go. The fact that he did not know what she said is of no relevance. He has to support government policy & the decisions of the boss. There is nothing to see here beyond a large number of people who profess an interest in politics (you guys) displaying a total ignorance of the way party politics works at least outside the US where insanity and banality are required on the CV of any aspiring politician.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat View Post
    I hate to break it to those with an interest in politics but ministers support the PM or go. The fact that he did not know what she said is of no relevance. He has to support government policy & the decisions of the boss. There is nothing to see here beyond a large number of people who profess an interest in politics (you guys) displaying a total ignorance of the way party politics works at least outside the US where insanity and banality are required on the CV of any aspiring politician.
    i hate to break it to you, but lots of cabinet ministers brief against their pM's - sometimes behind closed doors, subsequently through leaks, and then openly (usually the final resort). Well, the final resort is usually resignation followed by a leadership coup.

Brown was openly antagonistic towards Blair for most of Blair's leadership, resulting in the famous deal which promised a handover of power. Everyone knew that Brown was briefing against Blair - including Blair himself.

Your error is in assuming that political parties - or indeed, Governments - are monolithic and homogenised entities. This is far from the truth. Look at FF with its past pitched battles between the "Country and Western" set and the rest.

Look at the Labour Party in the UK ,where Brown had such support from the traditional Labour Left that Blair knew that he couldn't face down or sack brown.

There are a myriad of intertwined and Byzantine relationships evident at any cabinet table. Some Ministers will carry with them a constituency which is theirs and theirs alone and on which the PM relies for a popular majority.

I doubt that there is a single PM in an accountable democracy who doesn't have cabinet colleagues whom he or she views as rivals if not enemies. Internal party politics are a nasty business.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment