Register to Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

European union bans biscuits and Ice cream.

As a parent of a small (7 yo) boy I can tell you this is going to be extremely unpopular in the yellowfish household.
    EU Directive 576 has declared all biscuits other than non flavored rich tea to be unhealthy and carriers of the transfat mene which has been blamed for the rise in childhood obesity.

Frans Bullshciezer, the EU head of childhood and danger mitigation, said this morning that all biscuits and even Ice creams must be off the shelves of all stores by mid day today.

This will not include Communion wafers pre transubstantiation as they are considered fat free.

PLEASE MIND YOUR LANGUAGE, many small children will be reading this tragic news this morning.

More at EUdirect.com I hope the link works, please post updates as you hear them, I will be showing this thread to my son and his friends to help them to grasp what has happened.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

never!!! how dare they!!
    Last edited by dizillusioned; 1st April 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Could you edit your post? my CHILD is going to read the thread and CHILDREN may not like what you wrote, as CHILDREN are very susceptible to bad language.

Thankyou I know its easy to forget how many young people come here. I will save some of my stash of fig roles for you.
    Last edited by yellowfish; 1st April 2012 at 08:20 AM.

Nooooooooooooooo! Oh please no! I am a fat bloke, and everybody knows you do not come betwen a fat bloke and his biscuits and ice cream.

Their silly directives about bananas and how bendy they could be did not affect me - fruit - pah!

However, this will have a direct impact on my life. Biscuits and ice cream are my only pleasure in life apart from P.ie, and I only come here because P.ie reminds me of pies.

Mmmm pies. They aren't banning pies too are they?

Signing off now, off down to Tesco to clear the biscuit aisles before they're emptied.

This is awful news...i love bickies. I am going to go down the shops and buy all the biscuits i can ,i suggest you do the same for your kids yellowfish.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Nooooooooooooooo! Oh please no! I am a fat bloke, and everybody knows you do not come betwen a fat bloke and his biscuits and ice cream.

Their silly directives about bananas and how bendy they could be did not affect me - fruit - pah!

However, this will have a direct impact on my life. Biscuits and ice cream are my only pleasure in life apart from P.ie, and I only come here because P.ie reminds me of pies.

Mmmm pies. They aren't banning pies too are they?

Signing off now, off down to Tesco to clear the biscuit aisles before they're emptied.
    This will explain all those long lines of cars outside shops on the news, PANICK buying.

Quote Originally Posted by cillian32 View Post
    This is awful news...i love bickies. I am going to go down the shops and buy all the biscuits i can ,i suggest you do the same for your kids yellowfish.
    I have to wait, his friends are coming to visset this morning, I hope there are some left!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfish View Post

Frans Bullshciezer
    He is nothing to Ms Piz Takker, the head of mission for the regulation of pan-European humour.

Damus will just have to spearhead an illicit trade in bickies and ice-cream .

I knew there was some reason behind the recent advertising ban on fatty foods.

Cheese ads for children face ban - The Irish Times - Fri, Mar 30, 2012

From the above article I gather a lot of the following foods are likely to be banned:
    Other foods that should be banned to children include potato crisps, including low fat; most breakfast cereals; biscuits and cakes; confectionary; most pizzas, sausages and burgers; mayonnaise; sweetened milkshakes and fruit juices; cola and fizzy drinks, except diet versions, and, butter and margarine.
    Time to stock up kids.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment