Register to Comment
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Wanting accountability in government is now....misogyny

A new low for our island.

A deeply incompetent and/or corrupt official refuses to be accountable and accuses anyone looking for her to take responsibility for her actions - basically creating a 400m loop-hole for her cronies - as misogynists.

Arlene Foster says calls to stand down motivated by misogyny
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    A new low for our island.

A deeply incompetent and/or corrupt official refuses to be accountable and accuses anyone looking for her to take responsibility for her actions - basically creating a 400m loop-hole for her cronies - as misogynists.

Arlene Foster says calls to stand down motivated by misogyny
    A woman who was chosen to drag the "cause" of Norn Iron into the 21st century and beyond was hardly chosen for being meek, easily cowed or susceptible to pressure.

From all my Northern friends' testimonies, Foster is a battleaxe a la Thatcher with all the conviction and loathing for anything non-British to boot.

The idea that "misogyny" is to blame for her awful decision up North is a joke. The UK, on the whole, has maintained a fairly positive view towards women in parliament.

No different than when Noirin O'Sullivan or Frances Fitzgerald come out with the same when held to account for their positions.

The boobs and the ballot box!!

As a woman I must say I was very disappointed to hear her say what she did.

I believe women are subjected to more abuse then men in politics, much more. However it seems to me she is using this in a most cynical manner unfortunately.

I'm shocked.

Irish Times subeditor allows terrible misuse of the verb "to refute" to slip through the grammar dragnet!

yup.

got a laugh out of this on the radio this morning.

nothing to do with all the blown moola, its just cause she got a va jay jay.

ya see THIS is the sort of stuff that pisses off REAL women. the "misogyny" card is the one played almost immediately by these types and ya have to wonder if certain careers (politics / media) attracts them and their "victim playing" tactics.

im reminded of a minister IIRC being grilled on the telly who didnt know who her french counterpart was that went off on one clamining misogyny too.

"fake news" and "post truth" indeed.

good aul sexist george hook is covering this now.

Just typical of the feminist environment we are forced to live in these days. OHHH for a revolution of real substance!!

Sad day for women in the workplace who genuinely encounter discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    As a woman I must say I was very disappointed to hear her say what she did.

I believe women are subjected to more abuse then men in politics, much more. However it seems to me she is using this in a most cynical manner unfortunately.
    Exactly - by calling THIS misogyny she dilutes and devalues any genuine misogynistic responses and makes womens' lives harder.

Thatcher managed to lead the UK for a decade without ever reverting to the M-card, it just shows what a poor leader Foster really is.

Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post
    yup.

got a laugh out of this on the radio this morning.

nothing to do with all the blown moola, its just cause she got a va jay jay.

ya see THIS is the sort of stuff that pisses off REAL women. the "misogyny" card is the one played almost immediately by these types and ya have to wonder if certain careers (politics / media) attracts them and their "victim playing" tactics.

im reminded of a minister IIRC being grilled on the telly who didnt know who her french counterpart was that went off on one clamining misogyny too.

"fake news" and "post truth" indeed.

good aul sexist george hook is covering this now.
    Sadly the IT just lap it up - it fits nicely into their "all white straight men" are evil mantra.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment