Register to Comment
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Id destroy the entire political system in the country. Id replace it with a federal type structure based on the Austrian model, a parliament for each of the provinces, with a centralised parliament in Dublin to oversee taxation and foreign affairs. This would boost regional development on a massive scale, as inequality between the bmw region and the south/east would be solved efficiently. Id also review our relationship with the EU, review the use of the Euro, and take a more active approach to Irish re-unification.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

As we have a national economic disaster in Ireland I would declare a state of emergency, banning all strikes and enforcing the average wage as the only wage for Irish citizens.I would then borrow from other threads and declare a dictatorship for the duration of the emergency or until I was ousted or shot or...

Oh... yes... and of course I would go to work in an armoured car with the military driver supplied by the State of course.

tracks ... right then maybe not an armoured car to work

A tank may be more appropriate to my situation as Dictator.

I'd fix the roads and be elected for 5 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by cropbeye View Post
    Renationalise the natural resources off the coast.
    Abolish the special criminal court.
    Stop the use of electro shock treatment in the Mental Health services.
    Excellent suggestions,

I would add

Tighten animal cruelty legislation
    Sack the management of RTE (and sack or renegotiate downwards pay of senior presenters)
    Set up a transparent criminal investigation of the property bubble era (with truly neutral judges and lawyers) and the aftermath - televised procedures... Till i get answers.

I wouldn't do it now but in the future if leaving the Euro becomes inevitable - i would do it then declare that we won't pay our foreign debts (Argentina did this and hasn't stopped booming), two can play economic nationalism Sarko. I believe the world's media knows what a hard place we are in and that much of it simply wasn't our doing anyway - people out there are gambling on the Euro collapsing, a lot of what is happening to the Piigs is being orchestrated.... once we started growing again we would look a good option for foreign bond buyers.
    Last edited by Thranduil; 18th July 2011 at 12:54 AM.

Decalre myself Brother Leader number one , then immediately declare year zero and march -at gunpoint naturally - quite a sizable chunk of the countrys population into the fileds for character building educational work programmes . Basically the "well got" of the country wouldnt be so well got during my tenure . Then with that clean slate we could start again and do it right this time round under my patient but firm guidance . I can assure you - my people - that the likes of Pat Kenny , Terry Prone and the multitude of opinion formers our media is blessed with will not be heard of in the Irish media gain . And neither will most of our media . Their opinions on the judicial punishment meted out to our political and business class - by new judges , the old ones are struggling around a turf bog outside longford being jabbed with bayonets to make them work faster - wont be heard by the chattering classes under my tenure . And neither will the trendy chattering classes for that matter . The only chattering theyll get up to is with their teeth, in a shuck outside Roscommon in mid winter . All housing developments with pretentious english names will of course be returned back to nature . And the residents questioned as to why they chose to live there . Explanations from the devlopers wont be necessary as it wont do them any good no matter what excuse they come up with . thats just randomly off the top of my head , i can easily think of more .

I would abolish senate and presidency, then establish how to do best for the welfare of my employers

Kiss Lucinda Creighton?

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRolla View Post
    If you were Taoiseach for one day - what one thing would you accomplish (anything can be accomplished in one day)...

It could be anything from social issues to economic troubles.

*I would abolish the minimum wage law - this would allow people to get back to work. The existence of this bureaucratic law defines bureaucracy.
    I would not abolish the miniumum wage law.. I would employ Peter McVerry as an advisor!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment