Register to Comment
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 137
Like Tree145Likes
  1. #1
    max99 max99 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Sky News Reporting on the Row in the Irish Parliament!

    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36579084.html

    Revealed: What was really said in that astonishing Dáil shouting match
    Kofi Annan, Strictly Come Dancing and a trip to Kilgarvan... Independent.ie can reveal exactly what was said in that astonishing Dáil shouting match

    1
    Kevin Doyle Group Political Editor
    February 7 2018 5:06 PM

    As Dáil shouting matches go it was in the Premier League – but you’d be forgiven for not having a clue what was being said.
    The Oireachtas descended into chaos earlier today as TDs rowed over who would get to ask Taoiseach Leo Varadkar questions.
    Fianna Fáil’s Marc McSharry complained that the Healy Rae brothers (Danny and Michael), along with fellow Independent Mattie McGrath are constantly jumping to the top of the queue.
    What followed was an exchange that involved Kofi Annan, Ban Ki-moon, Strictly Come Dancing, a trip to Kilgarvan and Christ himself.



    WATCH: Dáil suspended after a massive shouting match between th Healy Rae brothers and TD Marc MacSharry
    Video by: Dáil

    Here is a full transcript of the debate that led Leas-Cheann Comhairle Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher to suspend proceedings until all sides calmed down:
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I go to No. 1, Danny Healy-Rae, on promised legislation or the programme for Government.
    Danny Healy-Rae: In the programme for Government, there is a promise to protect farmers' incomes and payments. Indeed, the promise covered cases in which payments were held up for one reason or another and a consensus was arrived that two thirds of outstanding payments would be made until the problems were sorted out. However, where commonage was burned in Kerry, some farmers received no payments at all for Christmas. They have no other income. In the fullness of time, they will win their battle because their commonage was burned from outside. They had nothing to do with the burning of the commonage. I ask the Taoiseach and the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine to intervene to ensure these farmers get fair play. It is wrong to take their whole payment from them. They were told they would get payments in 2018. That is totally wrong.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): We will let the Taoiseach answer.
    Michael Healy-Rae: On the same issue-----
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Does he have a card?
    Michael Healy-Rae: Of course, I have.

    An Leas-Cheann Comhairle: Show it to me.
    Michael Healy-Rae: It is the same issue.
    Charlie McConalogue: Same issue also, a Leas-Cheann Comhairle.
    Marc MacSharry: Oh, stop. This is making a joke out of it altogether. It is every ten minutes.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Hold on, MacSharry.
    Marc MacSharry: We have 44 Deputies here but we have Kofi Annan McGrath and Ban Ki-moon Healy-Rae up every day, undermining this country's-----
    Michael Healy-Rae: That is outrageous.
    Marc MacSharry: There are either 168 Deputies here or there are not.
    Danny Healy-Rae: Do not call us names. We were elected here in our own names and we will take no rubbish from MacSharry.
    Michael Healy-Rae: When MacSharry was looking for Seanad votes, he was damn glad to come to Kilgarvan.
    Danny Healy-Rae: MacSharry's party is here supporting the Government and saying it has nothing to do with it.
    Marc MacSharry: This is a joke. It is "Strictly Come Dancing" and they are the half-time performers.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I am going to move on. MacSharry, control yourself.
    Marc MacSharry: For Christ's sake, control them. The Business Committee of the House is a joke.
    Michael Healy-Rae: MacSharry came into Kilgarvan.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Deputies, I will take action if it is necessary.
    Michael Healy-Rae: Sorry, a Leas-Cheann Comhairle.
    Marc MacSharry: I am going to set up the Sligo-Leitrim technical group to get a few words in here; myself and Deputies Tony McLoughlin, Martin Kenny and Eamon Scanlon.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Listen, MacSharry. Everyone one is circumventing the regulations.
    Marc MacSharry: This is a disgrace.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I will suspend the House.
    Marc MacSharry: Suspend it if you like. It may as well be suspended. The same people have the floor all the time.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): MacSharry will not speak to the Chair like that.
    Marc MacSharry: I cannot speak to anybody.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): You will not speak to the Chair in that way. I will suspend the House for five minutes.

    Has anyone else any thoughts on this ???
    Personally as an Irish person, I'm mortified that these utter Gombeens & Hobgoblins are seen to be representing us..... This was reported on Sky News earlier... without sub titles!
    The irony is that they could have been speaking as Gaeilge, which would have been perfect. However, it was English,
    & nobody can still understand a word they are saying.... think somebody mentioned about the Single Farm Payment!
    A neighbours right of Way.... A new apartment with 10 bedsits in Healy Raes constituency...
    Shocking viewing.... Like something straight out of Fr Ted!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    automaticforthepeople automaticforthepeople is online now
    automaticforthepeople's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    4,466

    Quote Originally Posted by max99 View Post
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36579084.html

    Revealed: What was really said in that astonishing Dáil shouting match
    Kofi Annan, Strictly Come Dancing and a trip to Kilgarvan... Independent.ie can reveal exactly what was said in that astonishing Dáil shouting match

    1
    Kevin Doyle Group Political Editor
    February 7 2018 5:06 PM

    As Dáil shouting matches go it was in the Premier League – but you’d be forgiven for not having a clue what was being said.
    The Oireachtas descended into chaos earlier today as TDs rowed over who would get to ask Taoiseach Leo Varadkar questions.
    Fianna Fáil’s Marc McSharry complained that the Healy Rae brothers (Danny and Michael), along with fellow Independent Mattie McGrath are constantly jumping to the top of the queue.
    What followed was an exchange that involved Kofi Annan, Ban Ki-moon, Strictly Come Dancing, a trip to Kilgarvan and Christ himself.



    WATCH: Dáil suspended after a massive shouting match between th Healy Rae brothers and TD Marc MacSharry
    Video by: Dáil

    Here is a full transcript of the debate that led Leas-Cheann Comhairle Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher to suspend proceedings until all sides calmed down:
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I go to No. 1, Danny Healy-Rae, on promised legislation or the programme for Government.
    Danny Healy-Rae: In the programme for Government, there is a promise to protect farmers' incomes and payments. Indeed, the promise covered cases in which payments were held up for one reason or another and a consensus was arrived that two thirds of outstanding payments would be made until the problems were sorted out. However, where commonage was burned in Kerry, some farmers received no payments at all for Christmas. They have no other income. In the fullness of time, they will win their battle because their commonage was burned from outside. They had nothing to do with the burning of the commonage. I ask the Taoiseach and the Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine to intervene to ensure these farmers get fair play. It is wrong to take their whole payment from them. They were told they would get payments in 2018. That is totally wrong.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): We will let the Taoiseach answer.
    Michael Healy-Rae: On the same issue-----
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Does he have a card?
    Michael Healy-Rae: Of course, I have.

    An Leas-Cheann Comhairle: Show it to me.
    Michael Healy-Rae: It is the same issue.
    Charlie McConalogue: Same issue also, a Leas-Cheann Comhairle.
    Marc MacSharry: Oh, stop. This is making a joke out of it altogether. It is every ten minutes.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Hold on, MacSharry.
    Marc MacSharry: We have 44 Deputies here but we have Kofi Annan McGrath and Ban Ki-moon Healy-Rae up every day, undermining this country's-----
    Michael Healy-Rae: That is outrageous.
    Marc MacSharry: There are either 168 Deputies here or there are not.
    Danny Healy-Rae: Do not call us names. We were elected here in our own names and we will take no rubbish from MacSharry.
    Michael Healy-Rae: When MacSharry was looking for Seanad votes, he was damn glad to come to Kilgarvan.
    Danny Healy-Rae: MacSharry's party is here supporting the Government and saying it has nothing to do with it.
    Marc MacSharry: This is a joke. It is "Strictly Come Dancing" and they are the half-time performers.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I am going to move on. MacSharry, control yourself.
    Marc MacSharry: For Christ's sake, control them. The Business Committee of the House is a joke.
    Michael Healy-Rae: MacSharry came into Kilgarvan.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Deputies, I will take action if it is necessary.
    Michael Healy-Rae: Sorry, a Leas-Cheann Comhairle.
    Marc MacSharry: I am going to set up the Sligo-Leitrim technical group to get a few words in here; myself and Deputies Tony McLoughlin, Martin Kenny and Eamon Scanlon.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): Listen, MacSharry. Everyone one is circumventing the regulations.
    Marc MacSharry: This is a disgrace.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): I will suspend the House.
    Marc MacSharry: Suspend it if you like. It may as well be suspended. The same people have the floor all the time.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): MacSharry will not speak to the Chair like that.
    Marc MacSharry: I cannot speak to anybody.
    Pat ‘The Cope’ Gallagher (Leas-Cheann Comhairle): You will not speak to the Chair in that way. I will suspend the House for five minutes.

    Has anyone else any thoughts on this ???
    Personally as an Irish person, I'm mortified that these utter Gombeens & Hobgoblins are seen to be representing us..... This was reported on Sky News earlier... without sub titles!
    The irony is that they could have been speaking as Gaeilge, which would have been perfect. However, it was English,
    & nobody can still understand a word they are saying.... think somebody mentioned about the Single Farm Payment!
    A neighbours right of Way.... A new apartment with 10 bedsits in Healy Raes constituency...
    Shocking viewing.... Like something straight out of Fr Ted!
    This must be the first 3 way row within FF ever? Healey Rae 2.0 and 2.1 were from the gene pool, Pat the Cope was FF and brought out of retirement to run 2 years ago and McSharry who proves once more that talent doesn't so much skip a generation but vaults it at every opportunity in Yeats Country.

    Check here too!
    Michael Healey Rae suffers another near death experience
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    bmw1 bmw1 is offline
    bmw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,108

    Healy-raes very cranky as ffs john brassil ordered his soldiers not to vote for healy-raes.. Only room for 1 a them next election...Could be very interesting from here on in...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    paddycomeback paddycomeback is online now

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,869

    The bruvs are right. How can FF expect Dáil time as the Opposition when they are actually part of the governing regime?
    And as for accents, Varadkar sounds ten times more ridiculous than any Kerrryman, with his trying oh-so-hard to be English and ending up like a herniated dalek.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    max99 max99 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Quote Originally Posted by bmw1 View Post
    Healy-raes very cranky as ffs john brassil ordered his soldiers not to vote for healy-raes.. Only room for 1 a them next election...Could be very interesting from here on in...
    It would be still one too many though!! The Healy Raes give
    Cute Hoorism & Gombeen Politics a whole new meaning!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    bmw1 bmw1 is offline
    bmw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,108

    Quote Originally Posted by max99 View Post
    It would be still one too many though!! The Healy Raes give
    Cute Hoorism & Gombeen Politics a whole new meaning!
    Absolutely agree .. I was in my local afew months ago and Danny rae arrived in -Ordered a drink for the house .I having brasen priciples said aloud i wasnt taking it from him..Jez there was the rush by the bartender to shut me up--- and i got a few quare looks from couple of ol boys.. proving Gobeen politics is the only show in town still for some
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline
    The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    73,337

    Worse than P.ie and that takes some going.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    max99 max99 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,932

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Worse than P.ie and that takes some going.
    Brilliant!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    Round tower Round tower is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,004

    They were like 3 kids fighting over a game in the schoolyard
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    General Urko General Urko is offline
    General Urko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    15,330

    Sky News must av fook all else to broadcast!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment