Register to Comment
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Quote Originally Posted by MacBeth View Post
    Well he's more qualified to be Defense minister than Paul Kehoe then!
    Even then, he's not. The Defence Minister doesn't lead the Army, any more than the Finance Minister doesn't do the accounts, or the Health Minister fixes broken legs. His job is to implement government policy as it applies to his department.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

A couple of thousand farmers and their wives in Wexford voted for Kehoe to ensure they would continue to get a seat on the CAP gravy train at the expense of the rest of us. I don't see why the rest of us should have this eejit inflicted on us as government chief whip.
    So your quibble with Kehoe is actually that apparently there's a gravy train, but you're not on it.

Is he as qualified as Paul Connaughton Jnr, another stalwart of the party?

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    So your quibble with Kehoe is actually that apparently there's a gravy train, but you're not on it.
    Everyone knows the big farmers are on the gravy train like the Bruton faimly and the Kehoes. Irish farmers are parasites. They are filthy rich, get huge grants and tax sweet FA in tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Maker View Post
    and Adams is a failed barman from Belfast of protestant extraction

your point mac?
    Yeh, a prod

Quote Originally Posted by Munnkeyman View Post
    Well he wasn't the leader of Sinn Féin/IRA so he had no real need to negotiate a ceasefire after decades of violence. That would make him, at least, ten times the democrat...

Eh no, you can bomb to your hearts content and still be a democrat...seemingly

What qualifications does this guy have to sit at the cabinet table? I presume he is only in there because he is a Kenny loyalist and good for an auld heckle at the shinners. Any time I have seen him in the media he strikes me as completely inarticulate and massively out of his depth. His 3rd level education is at some paroachial agricultural college. When reading the transcripts out the Dáil he constantly heckles Gerry Adams about Northern Bank even when it isn't irrelevent to the topic being discussed. All I know about him is he is some big farmer in Munster from a Fine Gael tradition who constantly is poking his head into shots beside the Taoiseach. Am I missing something? Surely someone doesn't get to cabinet level just by kissing arse?
    What qualifications, education or skills have any of them?

The MoF and the Taoiseach are school teachers for crying out loud.

Everyone knows the big farmers are on the gravy train like the Bruton faimly and the Kehoes. Irish farmers are parasites. They are filthy rich, get huge grants and tax sweet FA in tax.
    Are you well, you appear to be someone who needs a quiet chat with someone supportive.

Ireland

Holding onto all that bitterness is bad for you in the long term.

........ All I know about him is he is some big farmer in Munster from a Fine Gael tradition who constantly is poking his head into shots beside the Taoiseach.
    ....... It would be best for everyone if he went back to grazing cattle as he brings nothing to Irish politics.
    A couple of thousand farmers and their wives in Wexford voted for Kehoe to ensure they would continue to get a seat on the CAP gravy train at the expense of the rest of us. I don't see why the rest of us should have this eejit inflicted on us as government chief whip.
    "Everyone knows the big farmers are on the gravy train like the Bruton faimly and the Kehoes. Irish farmers are parasites. They are filthy rich, get huge grants and tax sweet FA in tax".

Is it your utter ignorance and hatred of farmers that prompted you to start this thread?

Instead of calling it 'I Despise Farmers', you called it 'Paul Kehoe'.

Quote Originally Posted by uriah View Post
    Is it your hatred of farmers that prompted you to start this thread?

Instead of calling it 'I Despise Farmers', you called it 'Paul Kehoe'.
    And the crazy thing is that Paul was a sales rep of some description.
    I cant say for certain what, but I have known him since the mid 90s when we set up a branch of YFG in wexford.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment