Register to Comment
Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

The reality of Sinn Fein

Our green chums have been in overdrive slagging off Unionists and Unionism. Accusations of bigotry, sectarianism and insensitivity abound. Lack of respect and insensitivity for the feelings of the other community.

Projection

This is the reality of Sinn Féin and the pan-nationalist alliance - on the anniversary of the sectarian Kingsmills Massacre of 10 Protestant Workmen Barry McElduff posts a video of himself with a loaf of Kingsmill Bread on his head.

Sinn Féin MP apology over Kingsmill tweet on massacre anniversary - BBC News

Mr McElduff said he had no intention to offend, but unionists have condemned his actions.
    DUP MLA for Newry & Armagh William Irwin has called on the Sinn Féin leadership to explain why Mr McElduff posted "such a bizarre video".
    So enough with the pious finger-pointing OPs about how dreadful Unionists are .....

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Kingsmill on the head". </Mod>
    Last edited by stringjack; 7th January 2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Merged thread.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Respect, that’s what Sinn Fein demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post
    Our green chums have been in overdrive slagging off Unionists and Unionism. Accusations of bigotry, sectarianism and insensitivity abound. Lack of respect and insensitivity for the feelings of the other community.

Projection

This is the reality of Sinn Féin and the pan-nationalist alliance - on the anniversary of the sectarian Kingsmills Massacre of 10 Protestant Workmen Barry McElduff posts a video of himself with a loaf of Kingsmill Bread on his head.

So enough with the pious finger-pointing OPs about how dreadful Unionists are .....
    Will you need counseling ? Is there anywhere you can get emergency counseling at the weekends ?

Quote Originally Posted by CastleRay View Post
    Respect, that’s what Sinn Fein demand.

When you've taken the Soup

- you might as well swallow the Bread.....

i had a look at the video, it looks like a dad joke gone wrong, didnt see any wink wink to the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by silverharp View Post
    i had a look at the video, it looks like a dad joke gone wrong, didnt see any wink wink to the camera.
    In his apology, Mr McElduff said: "Had not realised or imagined for a second any possible link between product brand name and Kingsmills anniversary.
    "Further, I apologise for any hurt or offence caused. Never my intention to offend anyone who has suffered grievously."
    In a later statement, he added: "I apologise unreservedly for the hurt and pain this post has caused."

Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    In his apology, Mr McElduff said: "Had not realised or imagined for a second any possible link between product brand name and Kingsmills anniversary.
    "Further, I apologise for any hurt or offence caused. Never my intention to offend anyone who has suffered grievously."
    In a later statement, he added: "I apologise unreservedly for the hurt and pain this post has caused."

seems reasonable, the timing is off but if the bread name was so relatable then they would have changed the brand name

Quote Originally Posted by Cruimh View Post

Projection

Honestly the jump for a loaf of bread on ones head to a Massacre would never have entered his head. When was the last time you looked at one of those loafs in the shop and though about the attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack O Neill View Post
    Will you need counseling ? Is there anywhere you can get emergency counseling at the weekends ?
    That’s the spirit. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    Honestly the jump for a loaf of bread on ones head to a Massacre would never have entered his head. When was the last time you looked at one of those loafs in the shop and though about the attack?
    Not a lot enters his head but as he’s a Shinner I doubt very much this was not thought through in advance along with his apology. The question is more if it was a solo run or if he was asked to do this by a higher power within Sinn Fein?

Page 1 of 152 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment