Register to Comment
Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 336
Like Tree92Likes
  1. #1
    death or glory death or glory is offline
    death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,625

    Coveney (Eire deputy PM) found a reverse gear & licking up to DUP

    I see Simon Coneey is back tracking like mad now and licking up to the DUP

    "DUP demands the Northern Ireland institutions can not be brought down again by Sinn Fein should they be restored, is a reasonable expectation, the Irish Tanaiste and foreign minister Simon Coveney has said."

    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36446246.html


    Has any Eire politicians a back-bone?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Lumpy Talbot Lumpy Talbot is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    16,112
    Twitter
    @

    Not everything is about the Tundra you know. This has more to do with Coveney dogwhistling at the Sinn-Fein-afeared in Fine Gael than anything else.

    Keeping himself front of mind within the patio-party for when Varadkar's race is run.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Dr Pat Dr Pat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,308

    Éire? Are you recognising Minister Coveney as Deputy Prime Minister of the whole island? If so, welcome!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    death or glory death or glory is offline
    death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,625

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pat View Post
    Éire? Are you recognising Minister Coveney as Deputy Prime Minister of the whole island? If so, welcome!
    If he keeps backtracking like this he might become the deputy PM of the whole of Ireland united under British rule, the only way that would happen.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    Lumpy Talbot Lumpy Talbot is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    16,112
    Twitter
    @

    That's one confused Eskimo alright. Dazzled by all the Northern Lights this time of year and pissed on Husky-Juice probably.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    McSlaggart McSlaggart is online now
    McSlaggart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    13,170

    Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    I see Simon Coneey is back tracking like mad now and licking up to the DUP

    "DUP demands the Northern Ireland institutions can not be brought down again by Sinn Fein should they be restored, is a reasonable expectation, the Irish Tanaiste and foreign minister Simon Coveney has said."

    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...-36446246.html


    Has any Eire politicians a back-bone?
    "Amid speculation of a fresh round of negotiations aimed at restoring devolution, Political Correspondent John Manley asks if republicans have any appetite for a return to Stormont"

    ANALYSIS: Is it time to acknowledge that this phase of peace process has run its course? - The Irish News

    Simon is worried that nationalists in the north will not get the assembly up and running again.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Lumpy Talbot Lumpy Talbot is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    16,112
    Twitter
    @

    Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    If he keeps backtracking like this he might become the deputy PM of the whole of Ireland united under British rule, the only way that would happen.
    Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on Holyrood? Last igloo on the left.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    death or glory death or glory is offline
    death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,625

    Quote Originally Posted by McSlaggart View Post
    "Amid speculation of a fresh round of negotiations aimed at restoring devolution, Political Correspondent John Manley asks if republicans have any appetite for a return to Stormont"

    ANALYSIS: Is it time to acknowledge that this phase of peace process has run its course? - The Irish News

    Simon is worried that nationalists in the north will not get the assembly up and running again.
    Are you feeling OK,

    that link is recent, could you not recycle an old one.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    death or glory death or glory is offline
    death or glory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11,625

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    Shouldn't you be keeping an eye on Holyrood? Last igloo on the left.
    But you must admit it is a bit of an about turn.
    One thing about the recent DUP, at least now after Paisley, it does try to do what it says.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Dr Pat Dr Pat is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10,308

    Quote Originally Posted by death or glory View Post
    If he keeps backtracking like this he might become the deputy PM of the whole of Ireland united under British rule, the only way that would happen.
    How about joint administration of both Britain and Ireland by the two governments?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment