Register to Comment
Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    I'd say the offiesapp up and down the Falls and Andytown roads will do a roaring business. Hundreds of men with Rangers scarves headin their way as offies in unionist areas closing early. Every cloud has a silver lining

On a more serious note I has arranged to take the young fella and his two friends from Tipp to Belfast for Giants game at Odyssey. Fek that for a game of ice hockey. No point wondering about the hassle.
    Sorry to hear that you're going to miss our Canadians being beaten by Sheffields NT. But sure bring them up anyway to look at the wild life. Good luck.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    Maybe BTB but it might go to riots and the traffic will be bedlam. These kids are Tipp kids. It's one thing bringing my wee fella who hasn't seen that stuff but bringing someone else's kids into it. No thanks. There will be other weekends.
    no probs, i am sure there will be trouble in e.belfast after the protests but i am assuming the rest is hype, if i am wrong i am sure it will be pointed out on here with the usual glee!

There must NOT be any back tracking on the BCC flag vote .....if there is it will be a fvck you to all the people who voted for the good friday agreement and a sign that british democracy has failed.

Most of the protests are in the usual "loyalist" areas and are at 6 pm in Belfast .City Centre should not be affected -though ROI plates on display I agree not very wise if it kicks off .

Quote Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
    The more and more they behave in such a fashion, the more and more they alienate Catholic-minded Unionists from assuming their constitutional preference. Large strands of unionism seem unable to understand that the more and more they retreat into the "Protestant Ulster - No Surrender" mindset, the more and more perilous the Union with Britain becomes.

Unionists will, in the near future, no longer form a majority of the population, and Northern Ireland will continue the greening process - but if you are a Unionist, all that matters is that NI remains in the UK, and that is assured for at least 30 years more. With Catholic input (as opposed to momentary Catholic preference based on rapidly evolving economic conditions), it could become assured of continuity for 100 years or more. Of course, a proportion of Unionists care little for the link with GB, aside from the fact that it protects them from "Catholic Ireland". They are Protestant East Ulster nationalists. And they made the exact same mistake in the 1960s when instead of admitting Catholics to equality, they toppled their own leaders for having had the temerity to try to do so.

If they move these protests to interfaces and republican areas, they risk setting alight a tinder box of violence that will not be easily extinguished.

The patience of the CRN'S in all of this provocation has been exemplary up to now, hope it is rewarded by a return to normal living, especially for those who live in Short Strand.

I'd be very surprised if the road from newry to the odyssey in belfast is not open at any time due to a city hall flag protest. That said, I wouldn't go to my back door to see the belfast giants so I reckon this wee scare has done Northtipp a big favour.

Quote Originally Posted by cillian32 View Post
    There must NOT be any back tracking on the BCC flag vote .....if there is it will be a fvck you to all the people who voted for the good friday agreement and a sign that british democracy has failed.
    Cillian,
    Not even the British Tory government will tolerate a back tracking on a democratic vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle Ray View Post
    I'd be very surprised if the road from newry to the odyssey in belfast is not open at any time due to a city hall flag protest. That said, I wouldn't go to my back door to see the belfast giants so I reckon this wee scare has done Northtipp a big favour.

Heaven knows how much this 'wee scare' as you flippantly described it is going to cost the British taxpayers, plenty I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Mark devenport has said on his Twitter that 65 protests are tomorrow night. Jamie Bryson led.

I've been told from earlier today that "hell will be brought onto the streets tomorrow by loyalists"

They plan to run the PSNI around the city - trouble and I mean trouble all over the place.

In other news - jonny Harvey has left Bryson and Frazer show and joined PUP
    Just like the London riots. The PSNI should use the same tactics as were used in the UK (after all it is the same country) arrest, straight into court and maximum sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Expose the lot of them View Post
    Just like the London riots. The PSNI should use the same tactics as were used in the UK (after all it is the same country) arrest, straight into court and maximum sentences.
    Riots are illegal. Are peaceful protests to be treated the same way?

I neither support the issue or the protests, but I respect and support the right of anyone to protest peacefully.

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment