Register to Comment
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Like Tree37Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Northtipp View Post
    Red I actually disagree with you on this one. Friends in other countries is quite important to SF. Dont get me wrong I don't dismiss the financial aspect. however the ability to obtain access to businessmen, politicians and other important social and community groups can be important in getting ones message across and influencing.The run up to the GFa was a classic example. For that reason those organisations can be extremely helpful. It is no coincidence that the UUP and DUP observed how SF friends in the USA in particular we influencing thinking and they sought to build similar type relationships. They began courting the Kenndedy clan and others such as Alan Kelly's brother. Btw, 6 county parties aren't on their own. When the McCartney sisters were taking their case to the media they simultaneously ( many would say heavily influenced by stoops and FF) took their case to the states.

Btw, don't get me wrong I think Tommys just on here to take the proverbial outta whoever will take the bait. But I just wanted to make the point.

I was only messing with Tommy boy really, but I do think that Cairde Sinn Féin aren't really more than a fund raiser for the party.
    Yes, it is true that the U.S is an important country, and having influential contacts there is definetly a benefit to Sinn Féin. But as far as I can work out, any real benefit SF has gotten from the states has been through the action of high up members of the party. It has not been through a grass roots organisation based in America.

Even though Cairde Sinn Féin are one of the biggest contributors to the party, I can't figure out what they actually do. Do they actually do anything to direct,y contribute to Sinn Féin's vote in Ireland? Or is it just about the money?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by redstar58 View Post
    I was only messing with Tommy boy really, but I do think that Cairde Sinn Féin aren't really more than a fund raiser for the party.
    Yes, it is true that the U.S is an important country, and having influential contacts there is definetly a benefit to Sinn Féin. But as far as I can work out, any real benefit SF has gotten from the states has been through the action of high up members of the party. It has not been through a grass roots organisation based in America.

Even though Cairde Sinn Féin are one of the biggest contributors to the party, I can't figure out what they actually do. Do they actually do anything to direct,y contribute to Sinn Féin's vote in Ireland? Or is it just about the money?
    Don't know answer to that. Sorry red. Factual good for that stuff. Try her later.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Thats what they contribute. And all they contribute that matters to those high up in SF.

Cairde na Eirean in Scotland are Green Brigade on tour ,very much low life in trekkie bottoms . Rabble rousers.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment