Register to Comment
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

What is it with this place? The man has made, what is on the face of it, a gesture aimed at attempting to reconcile a bit the community there, and before 7 people have replied the 'whataboutery' has begun. I mean, FFS
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    FAIR's position is that victims of collusion have been given preferential treatment over victims of Provo violence. Relatives on both sides of the political divide have to endure the pain cause by the release of the murderers of their loved ones. However, there is a difference:

The Provos' political wing is in government but the PUP and UDP, both of which were aligned to Loyalist terrorists, didn't stand a chance in the elections. This shows that the majority of the Unionist community has no time for Loyalist terrorists.

Why on Earth would they vote PUP/UDP when they have more extreme parties like DUP/UUP/TUV ?

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    What is it with this place? The man has made, what is on the face of it, a gesture aimed at attempting to reconcile a bit the community there, and before 7 people have replied the 'whataboutery' has begun. I mean, FFS
    I didn't ask what about anything. I pointed out that. Willie sees this as part of a larger 'political?' project, not simply about those who lost their lives at Kingsmills as was being portrayed by a UUP MLA on talkback yesterday. I doubt Willie would shake hands with members of the Reavey family as he takes the disgraceful Ian Paisley stand on that family. Fair play to the Pastor, though, but he should have a word with Our Wullie, as Gweedo said yesterday, he thinks he's part of the Arab Spring!

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    I didn't ask what about anything. I pointed out that. Willie sees this as part of a larger 'political?' project, not simply about those who lost their lives at Kingsmills as was being portrayed by a UUP MLA on talkback yesterday. I doubt Willie would shake hands with members of the Reavey family as he takes the disgraceful Ian Paisley stand on that family. Fair play to the Pastor, though, but he should have a word with Our Wullie, as Gweedo said yesterday, he thinks he's part of the Arab Spring!
    I wasn't referring to you viva, apologies if you saw it that way. I'm as chary of Frazer as you are, but this pastor seems to be cut from a different cloth. Frazer is a dinosaur and he's been passed out by history, perhaps being around this pastor and a few others like him he might come to change his worldview, doubtful as that seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeymac View Post
    Why on Earth would they vote PUP/UDP when they have more extreme parties like DUP/UUP/TUV ?
    At least the DUP/UUP and TUV dont have the blood of the innocents on their hands like Sinn Fein do.

Quote Originally Posted by NornIron View Post
    At least the DUP/UUP and TUV dont have the blood of the innocents on their hands like Sinn Fein do.
    To be honest they were the biggest cheerleaders for the actions of the RUC, UDR, British Army and even the B-Specials when they were inflicting death and destruction on Nationalists. I'll not need to mention Unionists and Loyalist paramilitaries.

Actually, Dave...............

Quote Originally Posted by davidcameron View Post
    FAIR's position is that...
    loyalist terrorists shouldn't have gone to prison........................and their leader by his own admission had "a lot of time for serial killer Billy Wright"...............

Orangeism - making triumphalist sectarianism respectable - Indymedia Ireland

A little bit of objectivity now and then wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by vivabrigada View Post
    To be honest they were the biggest cheerleaders for the actions of the RUC, UDR, British Army and even the B-Specials when they were inflicting death and destruction on Nationalists. I'll not need to mention Unionists and Loyalist paramilitaries.
    Yeah legitimate forces of law and order are not terrorists though. Its important you learn the difference in the two. The IRA were terrorists, some members of SF were actively involved in their campaign, some even had dual SF/IRA membership.

This is a positive thing and is a good step forwards. Correct me if I'm wrong but is the general consensus on here that a victims group can only be a victims group if it campaigns on the behalf of all victims of the conflict?

Quote Originally Posted by NornIron View Post

How do you know?

Many folk, including many political pundits would say they had, given their inflamatory speeches down the years and right up to the present.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment