Register to Comment
Page 2 of 112 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Like Tree148Likes

Quote Originally Posted by evercloserunion View Post
    Has to be Kevin Myers, who I think needs no introduction, for his sensationalist and often racist headlines just to grab attention.
    Sub editors write the headlines...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by macdarawhitfield View Post
    But who,in your opinion, is the bull goose rentagob de nos jours?

My vote goes to you.

Quote Originally Posted by garlandgreen View Post
    I don't think he chooses his headlines the Indo does. As I remember it he didn't want headlines on his articles but the Indo forced the issue when he moved there
    Fair enough, it's more the content of the articles I'm talking about anyway. I shouldn't have said headline.

Fair enough, it's more the content of the articles I'm talking about anyway. I shouldn't have said headline.
    I don't find them particularily racist. He might have a different point of view from you but that doesn't make him racist

I don't find them particularily racist. He might have a different point of view from you but that doesn't make him racist
    It would seem that anybody who favours controls on the number of immigrants coming here, and who would prefer if members of some nationalities/cultures didn't come here at all, is de facto "a racist". In those circumstances it is high time that "racism" became respectable here.

That's obvious; lots of people have different points of view to me but I don't consider them all racist. Myers, however, was the subject of a complaint for incitement to hatred wasn't he? I read that article, it was clearly racist. Of course you had people trying to claim it wasn't but you're always going to have people saying that, and saying it doesn't make it true.

All of them, but the worst is Justine McCarthy, who has a monoply on pious, misinformed, God-help-us-all drivel.

Newspaper columnists are an affliction from God.

The only journalists I have any time for are Kealin Shanley and Donagh Diamond. There's the only ones I know who have mastered the ability to report the news with tripping over their egos and who understand that interviewing someone doesn't mean having an argument with them.

Ruth Diddley Cruiser-wards

Perpetual Award: Ruth Dudley Edwards.
    How could she possibly be left out of anyone's list?

I don't admire any of them TBH.

Pack o tossers IMO

- if they were any good at the telling the Truth they wouldn't get a job as a columnist in the Irish Media in the 1st place.

Oddly enough Myers is the only one with a pair even though he can be a pain in the arse more often than not -

at least he dosen't give a damn what the PC Crowd think.

That's obvious; lots of people have different points of view to me but I don't consider them all racist. Myers, however, was the subject of a complaint for incitement to hatred wasn't he? I read that article, it was clearly racist. Of course you had people trying to claim it wasn't but you're always going to have people saying that, and saying it doesn't make it true.
    I read the article. "Subject to a complaint" counts for diddlysquat in my book. Tune into Liveline any day of the week. Complaining is easy. Any fool can do it. What matters is can you substantiate an accusation?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment