Register to Comment
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 126
Like Tree54Likes
  1. #1
    PO'Neill PO'Neill is offline
    PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,480

    RTE's 'stars' paid through technically private companies and not as staff

    We hear all the time from FG/FFers slurring ordinary people in discussions about housing, water charges etc as those "who want everything free but don't want to pay for anything". But no surprises folks thanks to FG/FF the 'stars' in RTE are of course availing of these tax dodging loopholes of course !! A report by the PAC wants it stopped. Up to 81 people in RTE are set up as private limited companies — including four earning more than €300,000 a year and 10 more than €100,000.

    Just like the loopholes for banks, vulture funds etc a case of the gombeen class looking after the gombeen class yet again and you the Irish people let the FG/FF extortionists to do this to you ?

    Report: Bring in law on RTÉ payments to top presenters
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...rs-472733.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    PBP voter PBP voter is offline
    PBP voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6,491

    Everybody does this on contract. It's not a loophole.


    Even blocklayers-well the few left not replaced by precast.

    It saved the country hundreds of millions in Dole payments to tradesmen after the crash.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    Accidental sock Accidental sock is offline
    Accidental sock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,170

    Happens all the time in the private sector.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    PBP voter PBP voter is offline
    PBP voter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    6,491

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental sock View Post
    Happens all the time in the private sector.
    Yep. The op has had a shocker.
    It's saves RTE a lot in Employers PRSI and potentially large redundancy payments.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    PO'Neill PO'Neill is offline
    PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,480

    Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    Everybody does this on contract. It's not a loophole.


    Even blocklayers-well the few left not replaced by precast.
    Bogus self employment contracts have undermined construction workers ya d!ckhead. But then all you know is been a security man for Paypal in Ballycoolin Business Park opening and closing a security door when people waved their ID at him. The fat bald c*nt had to give it up because the 'pressure' of the job was too much for him !!!

    "A new 45,000-strong trade union for the construction, electrical and technical sectors has warned it will use its industrial muscle to tackle what it described as the scourge of bogus self-employment in the building industry."
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...rs-472733.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16,282

    Quote Originally Posted by PO'Neill View Post
    We hear all the time from FG/FFers slurring ordinary people in discussions about housing, water charges etc as those "who want everything free but don't want to pay for anything". But no surprises folks thanks to FG/FF the 'stars' in RTE are of course availing of these tax dodging loopholes of course !! A report by the PAC wants it stopped. Up to 81 people in RTE are set up as private limited companies — including four earning more than €300,000 a year and 10 more than €100,000.

    Just like the loopholes for banks, vulture funds etc a case of the gombeen class looking after the gombeen class yet again and you the Irish people let the FG/FF extortionists to do this to you ?

    Report: Bring in law on RTÉ payments to top presenters
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/irelan...rs-472733.html
    It saves RTE money
    100,000 k a year PAYE ...8.5% Employers contribution (plus additional rights in comparison to a contractor) Total cost 108,500
    100,000 k a year Contract ....0% Employers contribution ...Total cost ...still €100,000

    Now if you can point out "the tax dodging loopholes" available to the self employed and self employed only Im all ears - being classed as self employed

    (I must have asked that question at least 10 times on P.ie now and never once got a suggestion that would save me even 1 euro )
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Verhofstadt Verhofstadt is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,284

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    It saves RTE money
    100,000 k a year PAYE ...8.5% Employers contribution (plus additional rights in comparison to a contractor) Total cost 108,500
    100,000 k a year Contract ....0% Employers contribution ...Total cost ...still €100,000

    Now if you can point out "the tax dodging loopholes" available to the self employed and self employed only Im all ears - being classed as self employed

    (I must have asked that question at least 10 times on P.ie now and never once got a suggestion that would save me even 1 euro )
    Cash, your only man.

    Big notes preferably, the €500 note is a jem.

    Say nothing to no one.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    blinding blinding is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15,393

    Quote Originally Posted by Accidental sock View Post
    Happens all the time in the private sector.
    The private sector is not financed by the Tv Licence and Taxpayers money .

    Thieving RTE bar$tards.......
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    PO'Neill PO'Neill is offline
    PO'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    12,480

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    It saves RTE money
    100,000 k a year PAYE ...8.5% Employers contribution (plus additional rights in comparison to a contractor) Total cost 108,500
    100,000 k a year Contract ....0% Employers contribution ...Total cost ...still €100,000

    Now if you can point out "the tax dodging loopholes" available to the self employed and self employed only Im all ears - being classed as self employed

    (I must have asked that question at least 10 times on P.ie now and never once got a suggestion that would save me even 1 euro )
    "It saves RTE money" and denies the state funds to run itself doesn't it Einstein. As for pointing out "the tax dodging loopholes" - is it not self evidently obvious that been allowed to be paid through technically private companies and not as staff is the loophole ??
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    47,422

    Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    Yep. The op has had a shocker.
    It's saves RTE a lot in Employers PRSI and potentially large redundancy payments.
    They never seem to lay off Tubridy, Ray The Ar$€, Ballsy O'Connor, Brendan (say knickers in every sentence) O'Connor, various relatives of Gerry Ryan, etc.....

    And then there are the career relaunches. Farty Whelan, the cast of fairly sh1tty,
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment