Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Releasing details of suspects in crimes

I have noticed recently, and correct me if I am wrong here, but it seems the media here will only release details of suspects in crimes if the suspects are Irish or white.

Gardaí believe machete killers are Irish as they renew appeal for information over murder

Maybe I am just not seeing the articles, but is this an approach from the media to not drum up hysteria about darker skinned migrants here? Like I know if an article does say the person is black for example, you will have comment after comment saying that immigration isn't working etc. Some will then use it as a stick to beat all migrants with then.

I am all for immigration, I think if managed correctly it is hugely positive for a country. I think Ireland has become a far better place for it. I do think ,however, that the media have some kind of policy or strategy here with regards reporting on crimes potentially perpetrated my migrants.

Again, I am massively open to correction here as this could be just my perception.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

You started the thread for the right reasons but it will go down hill steadily.

I recommend ZOOROPA.

The first comment is interesting ...

''This is what happens when a vermin population goes unchecked for so long. Absolutely shocking and tragic for the family. We need much harsher prisons and much harsher sentences. Amnesty international can piss off. Id vote for death penalty no problem. Id also be happy to see a vigilante group wipe out our criminal element at this stage. Currently our methods do nothing but encourage.''

... interesting in the overwhelming likes it receives.
    People are just fed up with the inability of the state to tackle such crime.
    A 'Duterte' solution is a symptom, not the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    I have noticed recently, and correct me if I am wrong here, but it seems the media here will only release details of suspects in crimes if the suspects are Irish or white.

Gardaí believe machete killers are Irish as they renew appeal for information over murder

Maybe I am just not seeing the articles, but is this an approach from the media to not drum up hysteria about darker skinned migrants here? Like I know if an article does say the person is black for example, you will have comment after comment saying that immigration isn't working etc. Some will then use it as a stick to beat all migrants with then.

I am all for immigration, I think if managed correctly it is hugely positive for a country. I think Ireland has become a far better place for it. I do think ,however, that the media have some kind of policy or strategy here with regards reporting on crimes potentially perpetrated my migrants.

Again, I am massively open to correction here as this could be just my perception.
    Nothing must be allowed in the media to disrupt the EU narrative of inward massive immigration into Europes declining nation states.

The policy is designed deliberately to destroy all vestiges of national attachment to the nation state based on traditional communities with long and deep roots into the past.

Flooding the smaller states like Ireland is a pilot test case to see how rapidly the sense of irish identity can be eroded and eventually eliminated in favour of a multicultural non Irish pro eu population base.

It has been very successful to date.

[The downside is that all crime by immigrants in EU states is downplayed and even censored]

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    You started the thread for the right reasons but it will go down hill steadily.

I recommend ZOOROPA.
    Ya, I hope I explained my point in the OP clearly. I just want to focus on the media and how they report potential crimes. I probably should have mentioned the guards too as they are the ones giving the info out.

To be honest,if what I posited is indeed the case then maybe it is being done with good intentions, but ultimately I don't think there should be selective reporting based on skin colour.

As I said though, maybe I am wrong on this.

How many examples have you examined, how many related to white people, how many related to other races?

The preponderance of appeals will focus on "White male aged between 20 and 30 with brown hair". Because that's who commit the majority of crimes in the country.

The papers tend to publish exactly what they've been given by the Gardai for appeals, so if there's a discrepancy it's unlikely to be the press's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by PAGE61 View Post
    I am not talking about reporting on crimes after convictions have been handed out. The media cannot avoid doing that. I am referring to the information given out on suspects prior to an arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Ya, I hope I explained my point in the OP clearly. I just want to focus on the media and how they report potential crimes. I probably should have mentioned the guards too as they are the ones giving the info out.

To be honest,if what I posited is indeed the case then maybe it is being done with good intentions, but ultimately I don't think there should be selective reporting based on skin colour.

As I said though, maybe I am wrong on this.
    Of course you are wrong.
    Selective reporting based on skin colour is de rigeur in the "new ireland".

Immigrants must all be made feel welcome and should any of them commit crime this might reflect badly on the policy of importing large numbers.

Therefore keep quiet and do not comment or report comprehensively on these events.

That is the wording and direction from the EU to the Irish govt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    How many examples have you examined, how many related to white people, how many related to other races?

The preponderance of appeals will focus on "White male aged between 20 and 30 with brown hair". Because that's who commit the majority of crimes in the country.

The papers tend to publish exactly what they've been given by the Gardai for appeals, so if there's a discrepancy it's unlikely to be the press's fault.
    I am asking the posters here for examples.

I feel that the media is selective in the information it gives out on certain crimes.

Lets say a kidnap happened and the suspect was white Irish, a description would be given out, if he black and/or from a middle eastern background , do you think these details would be released? Lets say on the Journal, I couldn't see them reporting this in the same manner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment