Register to Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26
Like Tree8Likes
  1. #11
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Of course you are wrong.
    Selective reporting based on skin colour is de rigeur in the "new ireland".

    Immigrants must all be made feel welcome and should any of them commit crime this might reflect badly on the policy of importing large numbers.

    Therefore keep quiet and do not comment or report comprehensively on these events.

    That is the wording and direction from the EU to the Irish govt.
    Go on...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    I think this is a worthwhile conversation with regards the media, nit about racism or anything like that. I would say if 97% of our own Irish are good, from my experience 99% of the immigrants I have met are great and contribute so positively to the country.

    I just can't help but think that selective reporting, for whatever reason,is bad. I am focusing on releasing the details of potential suspects in crimes as this is something I have noticed. If the suspect is Irish, details are released, if not, no details. I am open to correction on this.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    The Field Marshal The Field Marshal is offline
    The Field Marshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    48,728

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Go on...
    Crime in the vast Turkish community now living in Germany is seriously under reported and under policed because of German Govt policy not to interfere or upset that community with normal policing.

    Ireland is no different with regard to it,s rapidly developing and expanding immigrant population cohorts.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Crime in the vast Turkish community now living in Germany is seriously under reported and under policed because of German Govt policy not to interfere or upset that community with normal policing.

    Ireland is no different with regard to it,s rapidly developing and expanding immigrant population cohorts.
    Ya, I think so. I dont think this policy is good for those migrants trying to integrate here. It makes us look weak and a soft touch and nobody wants to live somewhere where there is a break down in respect for the rule of law. I think we are on a bit of a knife edge here
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    showbandmanager showbandmanager is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,397

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    I think this is a worthwhile conversation with regards the media, nit about racism or anything like that. I would say if 97% of our own Irish are good, from my experience 99% of the immigrants I have met are great and contribute so positively to the country.

    I just can't help but think that selective reporting, for whatever reason,is bad. I am focusing on releasing the details of potential suspects in crimes as this is something I have noticed. If the suspect is Irish, details are released, if not, no details. I am open to correction on this.
    i have frequently seen reports in the print media and on tv and radio where suspects are referred to as foreign nationals . I realise that's not nearly specific enough for the pond life to get suitably outraged , but it's probably all the Guards will say until they have more information.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    Quote Originally Posted by showbandmanager View Post
    i have frequently seen reports in the print media and on tv and radio where suspects are referred to as foreign nationals . I realise that's not nearly specific enough for the pond life to get suitably outraged , but it's probably all the Guards will say until they have more information.
    Unfair and unnecessary comment there.

    Do you have an example of 1 instance?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    showbandmanager showbandmanager is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,397

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Unfair and unnecessary comment there.

    Do you have an example of 1 instance?
    You obviously don't read much of the stuff on here
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Sync Sync is offline
    Sync's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    45,871

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruff says Flaherty View Post
    Unfair and unnecessary comment there.
    It's not really. You've started with a belief, you're looking for anecdotes to support that belief. If 5 people show different examples of Irish descriptions and 1 shows a foreign national description is that good? Bad? Indifferent? There's no number of stories that should impact a view one way or the other. Because they're anecdotes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    Quote Originally Posted by showbandmanager View Post
    You obviously don't read much of the stuff on here
    If you read my comments on this thread you wouldn't direct a comment like that at me about this.

    It is an adult discussion, leave the name calling out of it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    Ruff says Flaherty Ruff says Flaherty is offline
    Ruff says Flaherty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,600

    As an example, when this was taking place , the media did not mention that the suspect came from an Arab background when releasing descriptions of the man, it was generic stuff like "man in his 20s". Then after the fact, they say he was from this background. I understand that this may be done to stop mass hysteria or panic, but I don't think it is the correct approach to selectively report on potential crimes like this

    https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...crash-14572801
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment