Register to Comment
Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 657
Like Tree605Likes
  1. #641
    SuirView SuirView is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,344

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    How do you think her request for an abortion without any assessment of her condition should have been answered?
    So you don't agree with the midwife manager Ann Maria Burke?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #642
    petaljam petaljam is offline
    petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27,235

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    No, he was still correct.
    Even he doesn't say he was correct, like Ali Selim he now says he was misinterpreted!
    So you are even more brazen a liar than he is.

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    I didn't say I agree with the midwife manager.
    So you disagree with the only person who is known to have told the truth.

    Interesting approach.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #643
    Clanrickard Clanrickard is offline
    Clanrickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    40,535

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    To be fair to Conor, he makes an effort at an argument.

    You could learn.
    I gave the same arguments which you dismissed and ignored the facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    Eh, why stop at 12 weeks?

    Try and be consistent now, there's a good boy.
    I still have heard no good reason why 12 weeks was picked.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #644
    CookieMonster CookieMonster is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    64,140

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    It supports Mullen's claim that had abortion on demand been available, she'd have had an abortion.
    Jesus. You lot really are disgusting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #645
    petaljam petaljam is offline
    petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27,235

    Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    I gave the same arguments which you dismissed and ignored the facts.

    I still have heard no good reason why 12 weeks was picked.
    Of course you haven't. But then you see nothing wrong with what Ronan Mullen said about Savita Halappanavar, in fact you are defending what he said even though he himself has had to do some serious back peddling and pretend he didn't really say what he said at all.

    So no, obviously the reasons for the 12 week period of availability was chosen will have by passed you completely.

    Here's a clue, for anyone who might genuinely still be wondering : it's already happening.

    So should the government :
    - stop this by eg sanctioning women who turn up at a hospital having taken the abortion pill and needing aftercare ?
    - ignore it and pretend women aren't procuring abortions on Irish soil? Continue the fantasy IOW?
    - deal with it by ensuring those who do avail of the abortion pill can do so safely, ie with medical supervision if needed?

    If you have a fourth option, maybe you can let us know, because I can't think of any others.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #646
    hiding behind a poster hiding behind a poster is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    70,460

    Quote Originally Posted by SuirView View Post
    So you don't agree with the midwife manager Ann Maria Burke?
    How did you get that from my post? Anyway, what did Burke even mean by that? In the absence of context, her remark is irrelevant to everything being discussed here.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #647
    hiding behind a poster hiding behind a poster is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    70,460

    Quote Originally Posted by petaljam View Post
    Even he doesn't say he was correct, like Ali Selim he now says he was misinterpreted!
    So you are even more brazen a liar than he is.



    So you disagree with the only person who is known to have told the truth.

    Interesting approach.

    No, I didn't say that I disagree with the midwife manager, did I? Only she knows whether she made her comment approvingly, triumphantly, sarcastically, wearily, or any other way.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #648
    hiding behind a poster hiding behind a poster is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    70,460

    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Jesus. You lot really are disgusting.
    She asked for an abortion. Had abortion on demand been available, she'd have got an abortion. What on earth is disgusting about pointing out that fairly obvious conclusion?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #649
    petaljam petaljam is offline
    petaljam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    27,235

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    She asked for an abortion. Had abortion on demand been available, she'd have got an abortion. What on earth is disgusting about pointing out that fairly obvious conclusion?
    You said, several times, that she asked for one before any medical assessment of her condition. You must have thought that made a difference, why else would you have made this point?

    Do you accept that this was untrue?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #650
    DaveM DaveM is offline
    DaveM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,447

    Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    She asked for an abortion. Had abortion on demand been available, she'd have got an abortion. What on earth is disgusting about pointing out that fairly obvious conclusion?
    This is the exact quotation from Mullen.

    If there was abortion on demand she wouldn’t have been in the hospital because she wouldn’t have been pregnant and she wouldn’t have been having a miscarriage.
    What Mullen said was patently untrue and a very deliberate misrepresentation of events.

    Savita Halappanavar's pregnancy was not one she wished to terminate until such time as she found herself in seriously ill hospital and the continuation of her pregnancy posed a grave threat to her health, a threat which ultimately lead to her death.

    Your characterisation of what he said attempts to paint it in a more favourable light, a light which is not supported by what he actually said. His comment was wilfully misleading, devoid of compassion and utterly disgusting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ... 155563646566 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment