Register to Comment
Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree605Likes

Quote Originally Posted by enuffisenuff View Post
    he needs to get laid..then he will be ok..
    Who would you want to inflict that upon?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    That may be an issue. I have famously catholic tastes in men and even I don’t experience the faintest stiffening at the sight of Senator Mullen.
    Blokes? Is that really you?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Welcome home!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Quite apart from the long list of character traits you mention, I dislike him because he seems such a throwback to the Ireland of my youth, when such characters were not only common in public life but were even treated with the respect they thought they deserved. Even recalling that era makes me shudder a bit. He's a good example of what my old mum would've scornfully referred to as a "spoiled priest."

It's hardly a reason to bar him, though. Apart from anything else I find him useful because I can point him out to young people and warn them that this is the sort of thing some people in Ireland want to drag us back to. It can concentrate their minds quite effectively.
    His election to one of the Seanad NUI seats (before someone mentions it as proof of his popularity) just shows what an irretrievably rotten borough that particular constituency is.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    That may be an issue. I have famously catholic tastes in men and even I don’t experience the faintest stiffening at the sight of Senator Mullen.
    I think we've finally reached the point in which the venn diagrams of our respective tastes overlap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Blokes? Is that really you?

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Welcome home!

Thank you for repeating your 'a's and not repeating your exclamation mark.

The overall effect is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán Chaisil View Post
    I think we've finally reached the point in which the venn diagrams of our respective tastes overlap.
    In the intersection between set of all stuff that doesn't give brlokesbloke a stirring in his loins and the equivalent set for you?

I sort of hope that that would be quite a large set, though I know that some people would "get up on the crack of dawn".

Quote Originally Posted by Cellachán Chaisil View Post
    You can add me in there too, I'm with you too guys. In fact I'd sleep with a gay man any day before Mullen.

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    You can add me in there too, I'm with you too guys. In fact I'd sleep with a gay man any day before Mullen.
    Interpret this as you wish, but does your personal gaydar not twitch a little when pointed at the bauld Rónán, even if nothing else does?

A former colleague of mine - a formidable woman from Finglas - said of a Mullanesque Senior Executive Associate Undermanager type in our office "Dat eejit? He'd say de Mass if he knew de Latin!"

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Interpret this as you wish, but does your personal gaydar not twitch a little when pointed at the bauld Rónán, even if nothing else does?
    I got that long ago Toland. A self loathing one at that. It's partly what drives him. That was my conclusion. So much hatred and self hatred. A kind of loathing. Which much as I abhor him, I can feel sorrow for him in it. Just a tad mind, because of the hatred towards women.

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment