Register to Comment
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree605Likes

Quote Originally Posted by enuffisenuff View Post
    he needs to get laid..then he will be ok..
    I'd normally agree, but for Ronan, that would only occur for the purposes of procreation. So, maybe not ...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by enuffisenuff View Post
    he needs to get laid..then he will be ok..
    That may be an issue. I have famously catholic tastes in men and even I don’t experience the faintest stiffening at the sight of Senator Mullen.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    I don't think the OP takes issue with his views. Its more his boorish behaviour.

Also are SIPO investigating his foreign fundraising or is it only one side bring targetted
    Boors generally come across as boors, thus undermining their own case.

In that sense, Rónán Mullen is a good thing.

Twitter
    @

I wouldn't ban him from the airwaves. He's actually too useful as an example of the sort of 'creeping jasus' that have bothered too many people for too many decades.

I rather enjoy watching his long slow crucifixion into an inevitable stint in an unread corner of some lunatic magazine also dying on its feet.

I'm saving up for a crown of thorns for him. Also he has begun to have amusingly dark hair.

I think it is a dye-shade known as 'priestly socks'. Possibly why he is reduced to radio as a medium.

Quote Originally Posted by TheField View Post
    I've heard Senator Ronan Mullen a few times recently on the public airwaves, most recently this morning with Sean O'Rourke. On each occasion, particularly where he's faced with a female - he is rude, aggressive, dismissive of women, hectoring, bullying and uses disgusting imagery. I'm far from being a PC person, but his behaviour is way beyond the pale.

He seems to get away with it because he's opining on the sacred cow of abortion and therefore anything goes. If it were any other aspect of Irish society, people just wouldn't tolerate it.

Personally I think a stop should be put to his poison and he should be banned off the public airwaves.

Quite how he got elected by the NUI is beyond me. He'll surely be kicked well and truly out if he tries to run again.

A thoroughly unlikable and disgusting public representative.
    Can't stand the guy, disagree fundamentally with his views and his behavior is generally poor, but there's no basis to ban him and it would be a big boost to the anti choice side if he were. I've seen Clare Daly put him in his place a number of times, people like Bríd Smith and Kate O Connell will be well capable of dealing with him without getting dragged into the type of fight he likes and wants.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    That may be an issue. I have famously catholic tastes in men and even I don’t experience the faintest stiffening at the sight of Senator Mullen.
    LOLz.

Twitter
    @

Well if Ronan isn't a pin-up for the gay lobby at this stage we might as well have him put down.

I'm a bit ragged around the edges myself but still have the status of gay icon.

(cough).

Quite apart from the long list of character traits you mention, I dislike him because he seems such a throwback to the Ireland of my youth, when such characters were not only common in public life but were even treated with the respect they thought they deserved. Even recalling that era makes me shudder a bit. He's a good example of what my old mum would've scornfully referred to as a "spoiled priest."

It's hardly a reason to bar him, though. Apart from anything else I find him useful because I can point him out to young people and warn them that this is the sort of thing some people in Ireland want to drag us back to. It can concentrate their minds quite effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by blokesbloke View Post
    Ultimately he is an elected public representative. Clearly his views and way of explaining them appeal to some sections of he public.

If you oppose his views you should see him as an asset.

If you support them but deplore the way he expresses them then other spokespeople will have to step up to the plate.
    Are you back. That's fantastic. You've been missed ! I missed you !!

I suspect Ronan and his mates would like nothing better than a big fight with the sinister, leftie D4 meejia, with themselves as the wronged party.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment