Register to Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Who are the men behind 'Unilever'? In truth the corporation 'Unilever' has decided nothing... the men in control of it have.

So who are they? What are their political affiliations? What are their backgrounds? If they choose to use the vast wealth of 'Unilever' to constrain freedom of speech, to declare what is good and what is bad, to declare what is an 'acceptable' contribution to society, and who may make it, etc., then surely "journalists" right across the corporate media (cough cough) are chomping at the bit right now to dig into the backgrounds of these unelected kings of 'Unilever'?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post
    Who are the men behind 'Unilever'? In truth the corporation 'Unilever' has decided nothing... the men in control of it have.

So who are they? What are their political affiliations? What are their backgrounds? If they choose to use the vast wealth of 'Unilever' to constrain freedom of speech, to declare what is good and what is bad, to declare what is an 'acceptable' contribution to society, and who may make it, etc., then surely "journalists" right across the corporate media (cough cough) are chomping at the bit right now to dig into the backgrounds of these unelected kings of 'Unilever'?
    George Soros, 'presumably'.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    I am perfectly comfortable with them advertising, or not advertising, wherever they want.

I have greater concerns about whether media platforms will use this as justification to further ramp up their censorship of "unpersons" and ""wrongthinkers", which is already far to prevalent for any truly liberal-minded people.
    Media is a business and has no obligation whatsoever to provide a platform for anyone's views. If advertisers dont want to be associated with particular political ideologies it is their prerogative.

That is liberalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Surkov View Post

They are merely making a decision about their own spend, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainwreck View Post
    I am perfectly comfortable with them advertising, or not advertising, wherever they want.

I have greater concerns about whether media platforms will use this as justification to further ramp up their censorship of "unpersons" and ""wrongthinkers", which is already far to prevalent for any truly liberal-minded people.
    All media platforms are private and can decide who they allow or don't allow on their platforms. If they do get too censorious they will lose followers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Estimated at 11% according to Pagefair.
    pagefair.com/blog/2017/ad blockreport/
    (remove the space between 'ad' and 'blockreport' for URL.)
    Funnily enough, Ghostery prevented me from viewing that link.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Media is a business and has no obligation whatsoever to provide a platform for anyone's views. If advertisers dont want to be associated with particular political ideologies it is their prerogative.

That is liberalism.
    Where did I state any media business has an obligation to provide a platform for anybody's opinion?

You Libtards, just keep teeing up the strawmen and I'll keep driving them down the range. And everyone will keep observing how you have nothing germane to add to the discussion, except irrelevant crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    All media platforms are private and can decide who they allow or don't allow on their platforms. If they do get too censorious they will lose followers.
    Indeed they can.

I said I have concerns when they all begin to tip in a particular direction and any semblance of balance is lost. We lose as a society.

Riddle me this. How rabid do you think the Ninths of this world would be right now if 90%+ of mainstream and social media were even balanced, let alone tilted towards and filtering in favour of Trump? You guessed it, they would be baying for regulation and force.

I, on the other hand, am professing a concern. And apparently that makes me some sort of idiot. Yet again this Libtard world earns its suffix.

It also leads to the question being turned right back at you. Social media companies - and media companies - are private and can decide who is or is not admitted onto, or whose opinions appear on their platforms. But the same applies to their users who may agree, or not, or read, or not, or use, or not, their platforms. Why do they need "protection"?
    Last edited by Trainwreck; 12th February 2018 at 04:11 PM.

And why exactly do the people who make my toothpaste feel the need to influence the nature of opinions expressed on social media?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    How many print publications have failed in the last twenty years as a result of the web and online advertising taking their markets? Ever heard of Craigslist?
    Thats a site you go to to look for ads. The rest of us are talking about pop ups and suchlike.i dont log onto facebook for the ads

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment