Register to Comment
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    How much of print advertising results in a sale?
    Apparantly a great deal more than online, where afs are still treated as a nuisance and potential scams. Watch the rest follow unilever
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Seems to be the norm nowadays on American TV... watch anything and the adverts have a very large bias that if it were the other way around would cause mayhem...But these are the PC times we live in.
    Why is it that homosexuals tend to be so much more racist in general than normal people?

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Why is it that homosexuals tend to be so much more racist in general than normal people?
    Why is it homophobes try to know down anyone who states the obvious?

Why is it homophobes try to know down anyone who states the obvious?
    Look you belong to a much more troublesome and anti-social minority than Blacks so you are the last person who should be complaining about PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Being rather cynical, I wonder if there's a connection between the rise of Ad Blockers and the decreasing effectiveness of FB and Google ads due to people not seeing or ignoring ads?
    I'm not trying to be contrary, but I'd be surprised if even 1% of internet users have ad blockers installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Talented trolls drop a little bit of bait into the water, followed by a little but more, and a little bit more. They get bites.

Then there are the completely un-talented trolls. They are readily identified as being arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Apparantly a great deal more than online, where afs are still treated as a nuisance and potential scams. Watch the rest follow unilever
    How many print publications have failed in the last twenty years as a result of the web and online advertising taking their markets? Ever heard of Craigslist?

Oh great. More adverts promoting Normal black people and silly white people.....*sigh*
    probably .

Quote Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
    I'm not trying to be contrary, but I'd be surprised if even 1% of internet users have ad blockers installed.
    Estimated at 11% according to Pagefair.
    pagefair.com/blog/2017/ad blockreport/
    (remove the space between 'ad' and 'blockreport' for URL.)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Unilever has threatened to withdraw its advertising from online platforms such as Facebook and Google if they fail to protect children, promote hate or create division in society.

I don't think the "fake news" thing is going away, so while Unilever's comments in that regard are important, what I was more struck by was the comment below:

SO, with advertising revenue being one of the main drivers of free digital platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and on a much smaller scale P.ie is the online advertising model about to end?

I am perfectly comfortable with them advertising, or not advertising, wherever they want.

I have greater concerns about whether media platforms will use this as justification to further ramp up their censorship of "unpersons" and ""wrongthinkers", which is already far to prevalent for any truly liberal-minded people.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment