Register to Comment
Page 203 of 1310 FirstFirst ... 1031531932012022032042052132533037031203 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 13097
Like Tree8074Likes
  1. #2021
    ant ant is offline
    ant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    744

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    The Crown, I am afraid, does not have endless resources. They are severely constrained by their budget and of course their responsibility to other cases.

    The defendants are represented by Winters law firm, which is simply the very best in N Irish criminal practice. Their barristers are absolutely top. Harvey, the barrister I quoted earlier, is a QC.

    I am wondering who is paying for all this legal talent.
    Now you are most definitely banging on...step away from the fireside...you may be getting a little too hot.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2022
    Niall996 Niall996 is offline
    Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,978

    Quote Originally Posted by CatullusV View Post
    Oh dear.
    Oh dear yourself. You're great at avoiding the issue. An accusation of rape is not evidence of rape. Rough sex is not rape. A threesome is not rape. Digital penetration is not rape. Rape is only rape if the girl (in this case) indicated that she was not consensual. Even if she said she was not consensual at some point during the act, only if the participants continue does it become rape. There is no moment given yet by the prosecution where consent was specifically withheld. Case closed unless the rugby guys are lying and can be proven to be lying. We'll see. But you have no idea so don't pretend that you do.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #2023
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline
    The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    73,391

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Oh dear yourself. You're great at avoiding the issue. An accusation of rape is not evidence of rape. Rough sex is not rape. A threesome is not rape. Digital penetration is not rape. Rape is only rape if the girl (in this case) indicated that she was not consensual. Even if she said she was not consensual at some point during the act, only if the participants continue does it become rape. There is no moment given yet by the prosecution where consent was specifically withheld. Case closed unless the rugby guys are lying and can be proven to be lying. We'll see. But you have no idea so don't pretend that you do.
    You have been informed on several occasions that this is not the definition of a reasonable belief as to consent in UK law, but you persist in thinking that this is how the Judge will direct the Jury ...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #2024
    Niall996 Niall996 is offline
    Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,978

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    You have been informed on several occasions that this is not the definition of a reasonable belief as to consent in UK law, but you persist in thinking that this is how the Judge will direct the Jury ...

    Again deflection. Where is the evidence about giving or not giving consent. Consent is the fundamental key to the entire case. Of course if someone is too drunk, or a mental patient, or injured or for some reason incapable of either giving or withholding consent, consent does not have to be explicitly given. That's not what we're talking about here. That's not what happened. That isn't her argument. She is adamant that she was absolutely clear minded about this particular incident and that she was raped and that she was aware she was being raped. Two men had sex with her against ther wishes and protestations. Except. She has not testified that she indicated it was against her wishes and she made no protestations. Everything is alluded to in the past tense.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #2025
    A Voice A Voice is offline
    A Voice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    6,604

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Two Times View Post
    Easy for you to laugh snowflake, donít think Jackson and the others are laughing now though.
    Do they have to "watch their step" too?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #2026
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline
    The Eagle of the Ninth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    73,391

    Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    Again deflection. Where is the evidence about giving or not giving consent. Consent is the fundamental key to the entire case. Of course if someone is too drunk, or a mental patient, or injured or for some reason incapable of either giving or withholding consent, consent does not have to be explicitly given. That's not what we're talking about here. That's not what happened. That isn't her argument. She is adamant that she was absolutely clear minded about this particular incident and that she was raped and that she was aware she was being raped. Two men had sex with her against ther wishes and protestations. Except. She has not testified that she indicated it was against her wishes and she made no protestations. Everything is alluded to in the past tense.
    Its not deflection. You have already given a garbled account of the highly condensed reporting in the media, claiming that the witness did not specifically give any evidence as to with-holding consent. She did.

    Now you are saying that the definition of consent in British law means what you say it means. It does not.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #2027
    Niall996 Niall996 is offline
    Niall996's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,978

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Its not deflection. You have already given a garbled account of the highly condensed reporting in the media, claiming that the witness did not specifically give any evidence as to with-holding consent. She did.

    Now you are saying that the definition of consent in British law means what you say it means. It does not.
    Again deflection and pretty ugly smugness in your tone. You've lot's of posts saying she did but not one saying where and what she said/did. Because she hasn't testified that she did. Which is why you can only keep repeating the claim that she did but connot link to it. And you'll no doubt reply again vacuously without indicating where because you're talking out of your hole. A woman saying a man raped her, or a man saying a woman raped him or a man saying another man raped him or a woman saying another woman raped her is not evidence. It is an accusation. Now again, link to where she gave any communication around consent whatsoever or move on.
    Last edited by Niall996; 13th February 2018 at 04:37 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #2028
    Maximus Cynicus Maximus Cynicus is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Two Times View Post
    Best shouldnít have been there that day and that was addressed by the judge and he had to explain himself afterwards. That much is clear, youíre attempts to dismiss it with bravado ring hollow and weak. He said in a poor explanation that he was there to hear both sides as he was to give a witness statement in support of the accused, he hasnít been there since. Why would that be now do you think?
    Well, did you cancel the auld Vodafone subscription yet? How about the Aviva motor policy? Did ya rip the Irish jerseys off the kids? Or any other such activity that those #notmycaptain [email protected] on twitter were threatening?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #2029
    Jimmy Two Times Jimmy Two Times is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,431

    Quote Originally Posted by A Voice View Post
    Do they have to "watch their step" too?
    Yes it's a well coined phrase, do you find it funny, you're a rather dim little snowflake aren't you.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #2030
    Levellers Levellers is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,495

    The rape victim has spent six days being interrogated by extremely well paid barristers waving her underwear around the court and repeatedly calling her a liar.

    No wonder women don't report rape.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment