Register to Comment
Page 2 of 375 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree2218Likes

This morning's thread on Rory's recent activities has vanished altogether from this site. I assume that this one will shortly follow!

So I'll just say that win or lose the court case, the Whatsapp posts that the tumescent rugger lads exchanged the next morning spoke volumes about their respect for the young girl with whom they had their various sexual encounters - be they consensual or otherwise - a few hours earlier.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by robut View Post
    Regardless .. the claws are out and probably wont be happy now until Rory Best is dropped from the Irish Rugby team, even from Rugby all together. Career destroyed.

Will the IRFU relent if enough pressure is laid on? Similar to Kevin Myers, George Hook again?
    I don't think so - I think it has gone too far this time. There must be serious questions now as to whether a fair trial is possible at this stage.

They know nothing about what it means to be part of a team and care nothing about due process. They care even less about the sport. The correct response is to tell them to go away. There is far too much coddling of people and pretending that their opinion matters. It doesn't.

Defendants have a right to have friends or supporters at their trials.

Quote Originally Posted by owedtojoy View Post
    I was initially disappointed to see Best and Henderson turn up in court, but I accept Best-s explanation.

He has a civic duty to perform, and judgement should be reserved.

I felt as well that the accused were teammates and friends of his, and with the presumption of innocence, had been found guilty of nothing. They had sent disgusting tweets, which deserve condemnation, but that was not direct evidence of a crime.

What would you do if a loved one was accused and found guilty of a heinous crime, which was beyond reasonable doubt, and even admitted? Would you stop loving them instantaneously? I suppose you might, if your love was based on a sham (e.g. the cases of child sex abuse in a family), but that might not always be true.

I like to think you would say "It is not for me to forgive you, but if you seek forgiveness, I will try to help you become a better person". You do not have to buy into the crime, if your honest intent to to help both victim and offender. Say, you had a son or husband accused of robbery, or even violence? Or a son or daughter who had defrauded a charity?

Not easy questions.
    Er - they haven't actually been found guilty yet.....

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    I don't think so - I think it has gone too far this time. There must be serious questions now as to whether a fair trial is possible at this stage.
    That would never even have crossed the bimbo's estrogen-addled minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Betson View Post
    The reaction by some to Best and Henderson has been hysterical and way over the top.

Best has given an explanation(not that he should have to) as to why he attended the court and it seems a very reasonable one to me.
    YIP

Rory Best explains reason behind attendance at trial

“The reason I was there, it’s on the record I was called as a character witness, and I was advised that it is important that I got both sides of the story so I could make an informed decision about that.
    Of course the thing might be did he get good advise in this regard and from whom? But that and all of this is not something that should attract such over the top hysteria .. in my opinion. Nor is such a thing that should mean Bests career either.

Keep in mind, the two in this case are still innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. What the court of social media says or wants or thinks is irrelevant BUT unfortunately these days it has got out of hand, too much skewed power for some and there personal agendas.

Quote Originally Posted by Politics matters View Post
    When it comes to rape how can a persons perceived character be of any relevance?
    Because it's only an allegation unless and until they are convicted. Character tells the jury who is telling the truth, along with other evidence.

I don't know what to make of the evidence so far. Nothing damning in the texts on either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    This morning's thread on Rory's recent activities has vanished altogether from this site. I assume that this one will shortly follow!

So I'll just say that win or lose the court case, the Whatsapp posts that the tumescent rugger lads exchanged the next morning spoke volumes about their respect for the young girl with whom they had their various sexual encounters - be they consensual or otherwise - a few hours earlier.
    link to these messages?

Page 2 of 375 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment