Register to Comment
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    How do we tell the dancer from the dance?
    We have to be more understanding and less condemnatory.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    ????No just trying to expose the hypocricy of leftie luvvies when it comes to leftie writers.The same pass isn't given to writers like PKavanagh who were a threat to that status quo.Pigs like Weinstein and Polanski thrive under that cover.The performance of Michael Twee, O Toole, Ferriter etc confirmed that last night.Came across as an extended ego trip for Byrne et all.It's like Karloff posted-nobody said why he was a great writer.Just that he was.Shaw came across as a stupid person's idea of what a great writer is
    I think we are very biased towards people for what they didn't or couldn't know.

Today we can find out something very, very easily, we can get different views on something and refine our opinion on something with the flick of a few buttons.

We are heavily biased against people who simply didn't have access to the range of information that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by RasherHash View Post
    I think we are very biased towards people for what they didn't or couldn't know.

Today we can find out something very, very easily, we can get different views on something and refine our opinion on something with the flick of a few buttons.

We are heavily biased against people who simply didn't have access to the range of information that we have.
    Yeah- but Shaw visited Russia in 1931 and was a zealous supporter.In 1933 , he described reports of a famine in the Ukraine as "slanderous." No excuse for that sort of guff.Especially with Ireland's fairly recent history at the time.How many dead? History tells us about six or seven million.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    He's no angel.
    he knows all too well what that sick **** does to people

The more I read, the more odious Shaw's behaviour becomes.Google " How Stalin hid Ukranian famine from the world' A harrowing Atlantic article of what transpired.Reports got prominence in British press.These reports were obviously the ones Shaw dismissed as slanderous---what a khunt!

I see Finto has scríobhed a leabhaireen about him!

I avoid all these conundrums by never, ever accessing any RTE content anywhere, including their website.

It makes for a much brighter and BS free life.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy M5 View Post
    No, it was unfocused though.
    I didn't feel I knew Shaw really after it.
    It was like Fergal Keane's Irish history programme.
    Getting actors to do these things doesn't always pay dividends. They don't tend to be analytical and organised in their thinking. I remember Fiona Shaw wrote and presented a docu on Shakespeare and it was hopeless. Didn't get near the man.

Doesn't work with piesters!

Quote Originally Posted by gerhard dengler View Post
    Shaw was a busy advocate for Eugenics.

Were the contributors to the programme aware of Shaws views?
    And you are an advocate of telepathically talking to a bearded sky rapist.

Judge him by what was scientific knowledge at the time.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment