Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Hmm, did the Irish Times get a Govt backed bailout to stop it going out of business?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Neither is the audience...hence a senior reporter asking our Taoiseach about his tank top, at a major news conference.
    That was outrageous, Niamh Lyons it was. So unprofessional and she is political editor for the times..? But what do you expect when they give D4 airheads like that plum positions because they know the right people. And then they wonder why they aren't respected anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    Soon to be Denis O'Brien owned. I agree it is easily the best we have here. They already have FG shill O'Connell there but wait until they get DOB's minions from INM pushing the propaganda. They are unreadable.

They are busy at the monent dripfeeding lies about Ming Flanagan MEP. Apparently Ming has pissed off DOB by calling him out so he wants him removed in 2019 or sooner if they can.
    Well in that case...I will do all I can for Ming.

And the same applies for Catherine Murphy and Shortall.

Support those who defy DOB.

Quote Originally Posted by Plebian View Post
    Hmm, did the Irish Times get a Govt backed bailout to stop it going out of business?
    I seem to think that I read that the Indo, Denis O'Briens broadsheet got some sort of government funding back in the crash years.
    I also recall saying to myself: "Are the Government really allowed to do that? competition law etc....

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    DOB is trying to buy the SPB at present. It's a power thing, it's losing money. He just wants to tell stupid Paddy what to think.
    if not he is trying to teach him how to think

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Talbot View Post
    I just cannot believe that someone like Crone would have a free column in the Irish Times which she and her company would otherwise have to pay for.
    she has her uses

Quote Originally Posted by Plebian View Post
    It was IN&M. Dinny is a major shareholder. FG's bestest buddy apparently invested 500 million in the shares which are worth a lot less now. A bailout/write-off was arranged.

Will they simply shut the paper and hope they pick up the readership?

Quote Originally Posted by Cork View Post
    Will they simply shut the paper and hope they pick up the readership?
    I'm sure that is exactly the plan.

Fool proof.

I would imagine they'll continue to maintain the Cork/Munster identity of De Paper, it's a market that the IT doesn't have a great presence anyway.

I assume there could be cross fertilisation of International news, with IT stories re-appearing in De Paper, although the IT buys alot of it's content from the overseas anyway..

Additionally Irish Times could use Examiner reporters in the regions to bump up their reporting outside the capital.

Biggest savings will be printing presses and logistics

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    It was IN&M. Dinny is a major shareholder. FG's bestest buddy apparently invested 500 million in the shares which are worth a lot less now. A bailout/write-off was arranged.
    It still represents a good deal for O'Brien because he got to re-write recent history through it's editorials and soft pieces around his brilliance and entrepreneurship.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment